Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unsure what is better in terms of load speed. Usage etc. Anyone have any experience?

rsnav: 4 GB RAM 64 GB Rom 7.1 android

Or

Dmp: 4 GB RAM 64 GB Rom 8.1 android

·
Registered
248 Posts
RS Nav hardware is more powerful and new S2 units are built around reliability. Moreover, DMP is using a fake android 8 and the tech wiz uncovered this already. I recently bought a new 8.8" S2 unit to replace my S1. The new S2 units uses Qualcomm which is a great chipset manufacturer well known for their snapdragon series in flagship devices. The older S1 series and I believe DPM uses Mediatek which isn't bad but support is terrible.

·
Registered
2015 Audi S5 6spd
43 Posts
RS Nav hardware is more powerful and new S2 units are built around reliability. Moreover, DMP is using a fake android 8 and the tech wiz uncovered this already. I recently bought a new 8.8" S2 unit to replace my S1. The new S2 units uses Qualcomm which is a great chipset manufacturer well known for their snapdragon series in flagship devices. The older S1 series and I believe DPM uses Mediatek which isn't bad but support is terrible.
I've chatted with the owner of dmpcardesign, are they using a lower quality software?
I'm looking to get the rsnav or the dmpcardesign.
I asked them both about when will they have the android 9.1.
It seems later in the summer those will be out.
Do you think the dmpcardesign will be using the snapdragon chipset?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I don't know but I have RS Nav and its a great product all around that's constantly getting better. I just received a new S2 unit as I upgraded my MMI to 3G+. My old S1 unit worked like a charm and still does. I know other companies were faking the software that was on their units and RS NAV owner has a pretty good video break down on how to spot fakes.

·
Registered
2015 Audi S5 6spd
43 Posts
I don't know but I have RS Nav and its a great product all around that's constantly getting better. I just received a new S2 unit as I upgraded my MMI to 3G+. My old S1 unit worked like a charm and still does. I know other companies were faking the software that was on their units and RS NAV owner has a pretty good video break down on how to spot fakes.
Yeah I've been following about fake software or lying about the software.

I just read some issues people do have with his s1 rsnav.
I'm going to wait for the s2 android 9.1 to come out later this yr. And wait some more and see if people are having issues with s2.
Daniel seems to be way understaffed which is unfortunate.

Did you go for the 10.25"?

I aim to misbehave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts