Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would the 2009 rs6 grill fit an S5? or are there any companies out there that makes a good replica. i havent been able to find any. heres a pic of the grill.

Attachments

· Registered
3,586 Posts
I'm guessing the RS6 grille would not fit on the S5.

Have you seen the Caractere grille? Forum member quattro joe installed one on his S5. Take a look here.

· Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm guessing the RS6 grille would not fit on the S5.

Have you seen the Caractere grille? Forum member quattro joe installed one on his S5. Take a look here.
i saw it but i feel like something is off with joe's car. it could be the license plate or the color of the grill but i cant put my finger on it. it still looks good but i think the rs6 grill is a bit different.

· Registered
549 Posts
It's the clumsy, bulky lump through the middle of the grill that doesn't match any of the lines of the rest of the car.

I just like this grill a bit better than the bulky lump's huge interruption of the vertical chrome strips on the stock S5 grill.

RS6 grill won't fit either, it's bigger in all dimensions. I'm pretty confident that whenever the RS5 comes (and it will come), it will have the neat one-piece mesh grill.

You could always try to build your own like Quattrings:

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/new-grill-abt-2966/index.html?t=2966&highlight=grill

· Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's the clumsy, bulky lump through the middle of the grill that doesn't match any of the lines of the rest of the car.

I just like this grill a bit better than the bulky lump's huge interruption of the vertical chrome strips on the stock S5 grill.

RS6 grill won't fit either, it's bigger in all dimensions. I'm pretty confident that whenever the RS5 comes (and it will come), it will have the neat one-piece mesh grill.

You could always try to build your own like Quattrings:

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/new-grill-abt-2966/index.html?t=2966&highlight=grill

thanx for the link.. that grill looks very nice and now im even more excited for the RS5 so i can swap out my grill!

· Registered
324 Posts
QuattroJoe's grill looks better in person than in the photo's.

· Registered
3 Posts
This is the first time I have replied to these, but I wanted to let you know that I went on a fruitless search for a mesh grille and ended up having one made by a fabricator in Massachusetts using Bentley mesh from the UK. Cost to duplicate it is about $1500. This is a 2009 S5, a great car.

Attachments

· Registered
3 Posts
Yes: I wanted to keep the horizontal line, and I am glad I did, because the pieces behind would have been visible--the Audi body shop painted them black and moved some wires. Also (it's heavy stainless steel), it provides strength in case someone backs into the car. It could be adapted to hold a license plate, but Massachusetts has an exception to the two-plate requirement if you have a certain plate from 20 years ago--I had one on an old car and switched it the S5.

· Registered
549 Posts
I understand, just interested in how Audi have overcome this issue and developed their own one piece solid mesh grille.

The cross member is clearly visible in the first two shots below but then not so clear in the next two.

I guess we'll all have to wait a little longer...

· Registered
3 Posts
Thank you for showing me what the Audi body shop decided for me they had to paint black. I did not like the factory grille and wheels and so replaced them, but that's minor compared to how the car drives. I am enjoying every minute in it. It has the B&O, and a friend gave me an iPod with 12,000 songs, and so every trip is a trip. People go nuts over this car. Who knew a moderately priced car could be a phenomenon of this magnitude, or this much fun to drive?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.