Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Supposedly Road and Track has a article stating the RS5 will be a twin turbo
V8 putting out 450 hp.Timeframe is 2009 model year.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Well, it was either that or a NA V10. Personally i'd have preferred the V10.

A supercharged V8 would be more to my taste, i'm getting bored with Turbo Lag :p

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
After watching the blistering speed 2.7bi-turbo RS4s on the track at the weekend, I'd like to see a lightweight 3.2 turbo and super -charged engine with 500 BHP... a real hard-core racer. :D

I doubt it will happen though. :(

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've had my name on the preliminary list for an RS5 since the S5 concept and apparently i'm number 1 in the UK when the order book opens, they've already taken my deposit... whopeee..... I hope to god they put the V10 in it and unofficial word on the street is that I won't be disappointed !! They gave me an S8 for a couple of days too to see what I thought of the V10... !! Will keep everyone posted of course but I guess I'll hear when you do....

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
...although with the german manufacturers obsession with adding silly amounts of more cylinders, more CCs and more HP; in a couple of years we might be seeing a 1,500 BHP 12-litre W24 Hex-Turbo engine mid-mounted in the RS5 DTM Club-sport.

...after all, when the guys at Bugatti sat around the table and one guy said "I know... Let's have a 1,000BHP quad-turbo W16 engine"... nobody laughed!

:D

·
Registered
457 Posts
70% more likely than not, that the RS5 will NOT go into production. My sources have been very reputable and 1st tier Audi/Porsche dealerships who have seldom been wrong in the past as far as I've known them.

·
Registered
356 Posts
More likely is that we will see first the new RS4 and later maybe a RS5.

Jarod.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Rab, I would more like to see the R8 motor in the RS5. That would also be more practical as the R8 engine already exists.

·
Registered
750 Posts

Jarod.

This sounds more likely, due to the fact that the S5 is so new, and Audi will be updating the older models to the newer designs/platforms. Still, fingers crossed on the RS5 someday...;)

·
Registered
356 Posts
Even the engine's will be updated.
Audi is developing a brand new 4.0TFSI Supercharged V8 engine with ± 390 hp.
It's the bigger brother to the 290 hp 3.0TFSI supercharged V6 engine.
The 3.0TFSI V6 SC engine have a power range of 290-330 hp and the new 4.0TFSI V8 SC engine 390-440 hp.
They both will be efficient in fuel and high in torque.

Jarod.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts

Jarod.
I think it will be the other way about. The A5/S5 was out before the new A4, so why leave such a large gap in releasing the RS5?

The RS4 is no where near to launch. And isnt the S4 due for release at then end of this year?

·
Registered
46 Posts
My money is on the new RS6 being marketed for 18 months, we should then see the RS5 gearing up for a 2010 launch !!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've heard and read a lot of speculations about new rs4/rs5 engines. Everyone is betting on high reving V10 5.0 in rs5 that has a lot of lambo parts in it:), and rs4 should be supercharged V8........but like I've said, those are just speculations. Nuvolari concept is powered by V10:)...so why not the RS5 as well.?!?I wouldn't mind a V8, even supercharged one but as long as it doesn't loose the redline:). Since S5 should be 3.0TFSI V6 next year, wouldn't be surprised if RS5 gets V8 after all......even though we don't know what the pover plaint is going to be....I STILL WANT ONE !!!! :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Speaking with my dealer the other day (who is part of a panel of 4 in Australia who determine the standard options for each car released in the country) said to me that they will not be releasing an RS5, and no such car is in pipe line. The next RS model will be an RS6 and only one RS model is released at a time. I can see this competing directly with the BMW M5 or perhaps the M6. Great to see, Audi!

·
Registered
356 Posts
There are changes going on within Quattro GmbH.
Quattro GmbH develop things and they will be build an the normal model production line.
Resulting in more RS models at the time.

TT-R(S) will be developed by Quattro GmbH and it will be build in the GYOR factory in line with all other TT's.
The same can be with future RS models.

Jarod.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had a telephone call from my local dealer last week (we do a lot of business with the garage as both me and the girlfriend like our Audis!!)

The guy we usually deal with had just come back from an 'Audi Holiday' test driving the new RS6, he said that the RS5 definately coming and possibly by the end of 09. No spec is available yet but he wanted to know if i wanted to go on a list for info as soon as it was available for an early order!

Don't know how much truth is in this but seems interesting as he just called out of the blue!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts