Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I went to my local Audi dealership where I bought my A5 and I asked them about RS5. I was shocked when they told me that they didn't even know such car was on the way. I would expect more knowledge from people that sell Audi cars.

They weren't able to tell me anything at all about this car, nothing about orders. So therefore I am forced to ask here.

Do you guys have any idea when the car will arrive to Europe? What is expected price? What engine will it have?

And last thing, are there any magazine previews yet? If so, can you post the link?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I asked my local garage the same thing about 4 weeks back, and I got exactly the same answer.....
I was surprised too.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Guys... That's because there IS NO information.

Audi have said nothing and released no information.

Any stuff out there is purely myth and conjecture ...and photoshopped images.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Today I went to my local Audi dealership where I bought my A5 and I asked them about RS5. I was shocked when they told me that they didn't even know such car was on the way. I would expect more knowledge from people that sell Audi cars.

They weren't able to tell me anything at all about this car, nothing about orders. So therefore I am forced to ask here.

Do you guys have any idea when the car will arrive to Europe? What is expected price? What engine will it have?

And last thing, are there any magazine previews yet? If so, can you post the link?

No one at audi dealerships know SHIT about the A/S5. Really I bet anyone on this forum knows more than your local audi salesmen. When i ordered my A5 the salesmen was stuttering and tried to understand what i was saying. i kept telling him magma red interior and he kept saying "you mean misano red pearl effect?" i swear i was about to punch that fool in the face:mad: So don't ask your dealer about these things. Your best bet is the internet. there's a thread on this forum about an RS5 test mule at a dealership in vegas. the guy who posted it said he couldnt post pictures or he'd get fired. but a couple other people said they went and saw the RS5 at the dealership. :eek:

·
Registered
50 Posts
the dealerships in my area have been accepting deposits for the rs5. they claim that it will come to the states in 2010. i sort of believe them because they didnt accept deposits for the rs6 saying it wasnt coming to the states. which is true.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
the dealerships in my area have been accepting deposits for the rs5. they claim that it will come to the states in 2010. i sort of believe them because they didnt accept deposits for the rs6 saying it wasnt coming to the states. which is true.
What happens to your deposit if the dealer goes under?

·
Registered
677 Posts
This is the same at my dealer. I am #1 for a RS5.

·
Registered
677 Posts
The most credible information right now says 2010 delivery with 470hp V8. With/ without TT is mostly leaning towards without. I find this really sad as I want the turbos.

·
Registered
178 Posts
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=131897

DÜSSELDORF, Germany — The Audi RS5, to date seen only in spy photos during testing, will make its world debut at the 2009 Detroit Auto Show, Audi has confirmed to Inside Line. However, the second-generation RS6 is not headed for the U.S.

RS6 project manager Jens Koch told Inside Line: "We had thought perhaps that it would be possible, given America's preference for the four-door version instead of the Avant, but the work required on the V10 powertrain to meet the emissions goals hurt the business case."

However, Koch and Audi spokespeople also told IL that North America has much to look forward to in the coming RS business plans. Shortly after the world premiere of the RS5 in Detroit in January 2009, Audi expects to introduce the new RS4.

Regarding the third-generation RS6, arriving in 2012, Koch strongly hinted that not only would this car be a major global player and come immediately to North America, but that the primary concerns of the current vehicle's massive weight problem, compromised handling in hot curves and fuel-gulping 5.0-liter V10 engine would all be laid to rest. He called the third-generation model "revolutionary" and said it will be "far more RennSport than anything previously developed."

On the brand image front, Audi and Quattro personnel shared with IL some details of plans for the R, S, RS, and Quattro subbrands for better head-on rivalry with the Mercedes-AMG and BMW M divisions. After the Detroit debut of the RS5 and then the next RS4, Audi will push hard globally to make the Quattro name a more clearly separate sister brand positioned distinctly above the hottest factory Audis.

Within Quattro, the R label will signify souped-up Audi range toppers like the R8. The S label will represent something a touch more sporting than the current S. At the top will be the RS, the mother of all performance brands within the Audi world, losing that weight and taking on a far more authentic RennSport attack feel.

What this means to you: Despite the tough economy, the high-end market continues to thrive, allowing Audi to bring the U.S. the best it has to offer. — Matt Davis,

Per the article, looks like it will make a debut in Jan 09. I wonder when you can put an order and expect delivery? Prob by summer of 09?

·
Registered
677 Posts
I think your timing is close but maybe just a bit advanced for the US. Probably spot on for Euro deliveries. I say delivery for January 2010 for US deliveries.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts