1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
ohhh im getting excited looks a beast in black....... but i would prob go white :D

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Picture is a photoshop fake.

...again, silly attempt to shade over the wheel arches to make it look like extentions, but the edge isn't shapr enough and the rest of the reflections neny the shape... front grille gas been poorly chopped in and the silver mirrors of the S5 have been coloured black, which is why they're still matt and not shiny.

...Actually the whole thread appears to be a load of kak. total BS.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts

...again, silly attempt to shade over the wheel arches to make it look like extentions, but the edge isn't shapr enough and the rest of the reflections neny the shape... front grille gas been poorly chopped in and the silver mirrors of the S5 have been coloured black, which is why they're still matt and not shiny.

you could have waited till i was finsihed work to crap over my happyness :( :p;):rolleyes:

·
Registered
536 Posts
Hum, 470 HP doesn't seem worth the extra 20+ grand Audi will charge for the RS5 over the S5. I know it will be an uber beast, but sadly overpriced, IMO.

What I am really interested in though, is when the Audi R8 will get this new 470 HP V8 in it to replace the old 420 HP V8? In a previous article, it was mentioned that the beefed up 4.2 RS4 engine that will land in the RS5/RS4 will also make it to replace the current V8 in the R8. But if the R8 V10 only has 520 HP, and the V10 probobly weighing much more, there may be no reason to spend the extra 30+ grand over the V8 for a gain of 50 HP. I just hope that Audi does not realize this, and does replace the current V8 with one that produces 470 HP, lol.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

If you read the thread the photoshop pic DID NOT come from one of the sources. It came from a member that said what he hoped it looked like. I am a regular on that site and I know at least one of them is credible.

Not saying it's true, but I definitely would not dismiss..............

·
Registered
643 Posts
Hum, 470 HP doesn't seem worth the extra 20+ grand Audi will charge for the RS5 over the S5. I know it will be an uber beast, but sadly overpriced, IMO.
By now, you (we should all...) know that it's more than just HP. This thing will accelerate, brake, and turn with the best of them. I'm seriously excited to see what this machine will bring to the table, and am sure it'll cost more than US$20k over an S5, and be worth it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
The REAL RS5 caught.

Pic inside link.
http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=10&article_id=7069

Although this prototype Audi coupe spotted testing isn't wearing what we believe will be its final skin, this is, in fact, the upcoming RS 5 super coupe. What's missing? We expect the production RS 5 coupe will have more pronounced fender flares and, of course, the trademark Audi RS oval exhaust tips — this test mule had a quad-outlet setup. But it did sport the silver-finished side mirrors, which is also an Audi RS trademark, and an aggressively reworked front fascia to allow for more cooling to the engine.

While the rumor mill runs rampant as to the engine providing the motive force for this model, you can be sure it will be packing quite a bit more power under the hood than the 354 bhp delivered by the S5's 4.2-liter V-8. We do have our doubts about Audi stuffing the 580-bhp twin-turbo V-10 from the RS 6 Avant into the RS 5, but we certainly wouldn't object! Our best guess, though, is the RS 5 will either use the normally aspirated RS 4's 420-bhp V-8, or possibly an engine similar to that but with twin turbos to achieve closer to 500 bhp.

All-wheel drive will of course come standard, as it does in all RS-model Audis. We're told production of the RS 5 coupe will begin in February of 2009.

·
Registered
677 Posts
The 470hp engine had better be equipped with a pair of snails. Otherwise it will not be a whole lot different in seat of the pants feel than the S5. The other bits, suspension, brakes, etc. will be there and it will handle better and definitely run better.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Well, I guess it's not going to be the V8 with 470bhp...

I recently started to work at Rockville Porsche Audi, and today I was talking with a vallet of the sales dpt. while he was washing the general manager's S5. The RS5 came into the conversation and he tolde me that the GM already ordered 2 demos. I tolsd him about the test mules info that was online, but he said that AUDI said that the RS5 will have the RS6 V10 engine with 580bhp, and that by the time the RS5 is released (2011 model) the RS6 will be bumped up to 620bhp.

I hope this is true. it would be awsome th have the V10 on the RS5 :)

·
Registered
493 Posts
V10 on an RS5??? This car will beat all 63 AMG and M5/M6...
If that is true then... GJ Audi!
:D

·
Registered
371 Posts
Two separate veteran sources confirmed this from another Audi site. Their credibility is not doubted as they are vets from Audizine......hmmmm

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=230228
Yes this looks real credible, agreeing with most... total BS. I would bet that he know less than all here on this forum about the new RS5.

now to add a link to a better post about the V10 RS5... ohh yeah mine:

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/audi-rs5-have-4700/index.html

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes this looks real credible, agreeing with most... total BS. I would bet that he know less than all here on this forum about the new RS5.

now to add a link to a better post about the V10 RS5... ohh yeah mine:

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/audi-rs5-have-4700/index.html
Easy killer.

Get to know the environment before you come in with guns blazing. There is alot of friendly ball busting around here, and minimal direct personal attacks.

You have a fairly mature and thick skinned group so relax and enjoy the website for what it is....

·
Registered
371 Posts
Easy killer.

Get to know the environment before you come in with guns blazing. There is alot of friendly ball busting around here, and minimal direct personal attacks.

You have a fairly mature and thick skinned group so relax and enjoy the website for what it is....
I'm just having fun with you. No worries. See my post, I already replied to your comment.

I was actually glad to find this post after I posted mine. When I read your comment I was really sure what It ment and then I saw this one and was like: "Oh, that's why he said that."

·
Registered
14 Posts
the new rs5 is going to power by the 4.2 v8 with twin turbo making it about 450 tp 470 hp and they going to show off early next year about the price i think and have read this some where that it going to be around 80k+ starting so no i don't think worth IMO

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
no no no. The RS5 is going to be powered by elastic band and have a Fred Flinstone style backup. ...

There is just as much truth in that as all these different rumours that are flying around. Nobody knows (at least not at our level). No doubt one of the rumours will come in close but there are so many different types claiming to be fact that you wont know until you see it from Audi.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.