Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Sorry that was a bit clumsy by me, the rings need changing but does the S5 badge need to be changed too?
you will need new s5 badge also, as the one on b8.5 has clips, but there isnt a mounting point for it on new grille, i even struggled with the new one as the backplate for it was too small to hold it in place between the honeycomb and the pins too close together to put in in between two combs, but you can get it on with a bit of work :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Are you with b8.5? If so I think he was gonna email everyone as I think I was the first to get my hands dirty and I was a tad disappointed as you will need new badge so don't stick yours on as you will end up with misaligned badge and broken clips - leaned that the hard way :D
He said to me that he was running out of the country - to Russia to be precise so you can't wish any more bad on him ;)
You will need new rings badge as supplier don't speak much English or I would think that they don't really want so get has sent something Eamonn didn't really want :)
If you're struggling with anything let me know as I have bought the stuff already and can give you some links if need be ;)
Hi just looking at this now, and it would be really helpful if you have any links to the ones you purchased.

Cheers

·
Sponsor
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Hi just looking at this now, and it would be really helpful if you have any links to the ones you purchased.

Cheers
Type "A6 C6 front badge" into your favourite auction site and you should find one. You're looking for one that measures 285x99mm

·
Registered
547 Posts
Type "A6 C6 front badge" into your favourite auction site and you should find one. You're looking for one that measures 285x99mm
thats exactly what i was gonna suggest as the guy who i ordered mine from is out of stock already.
as for the s5 badge here's the one i got
but bear in mind that you will need something of a bigger bracket if you will put yours between the combs as otherwise it will not sit properly, would probably advise to put that on before the grille goes onto the bumper as it will be a whole damn lot easier ;)

·
Registered
547 Posts
Love the look of these grilles. Can I ask do they fit the 2014 S-Line facelift bumper
as long as your car is b8.5 it would, but i believe they're all gone now probably until next group buy should there be one. And it does change the front dramatically

·
Sponsor
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I only have one left and I think it's spoken for unfortunately.

Another group buy might be a while, as I'm a bit unsure about using the same supplier. The quality and fitment was spot on, but some design features weren't exactly as expected (license plate not easily 100% removable, parking sensors glued in instead of clip), and the problem with the logos.

It's difficult to find a perfect source, as the only way to be truly sure is to order samples, which is often around £300 for a single item!

·
Registered
547 Posts
looks good! Have you painted the crash bar? As i think that is still visible, but what i cant see is the plastic backing from the old grille? Which is visible on mine, was i supposed to take that out? :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Belatedly got mine on today (S-Tronic service, brake fluid and new tyres were higher up on my list of stuff to do!).

Anybody else go for silver? I found the fitment was a bit off and I'm not sure I'm a fan of the aftermarket S5 badge I got on eBay, so I may remove that at some point. Still a big improvement over the stock grille though.

IMG_1753.jpg

·
Sponsor
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Belatedly got mine on today (S-Tronic service, brake fluid and new tyres were higher up on my list of stuff to do!).

Anybody else go for silver? I found the fitment was a bit off and I'm not sure I'm a fan of the aftermarket S5 badge I got on eBay, so I may remove that at some point. Still a big improvement over the stock grille though.

View attachment 176219
What was wrong with the fitment? I know some people have mentioned the ring holder that is behind the actual grill doesn't quite line up.

Does anyone know if this is removable? I don't have a facelift car to hand to check unfortunately.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What was wrong with the fitment? I know some people have mentioned the ring holder that is behind the actual grill doesn't quite line up.

Does anyone know if this is removable? I don't have a facelift car to hand to check unfortunately.
Hi Eamonn, one of the screw holes didn't line up at all with the bumper, so had to leave it unfastened. It doesn't seem to have any material impact, but thought it was worth noting. Also, the grille itself is slightly warped, so one side doesn't sit flush with the bumper whilst the other is perfectly flush. It's incredibly minor and you wouldn't notice unless you're looking for it.

·
Registered
547 Posts
to be fair i had a few screws left also, but in the end didnt give two monkeys where they were from, it might have been few off the original grille that weren't used on the aftermarket, in terms of warping i would say that will be purely because of the quality compared to the oem, as it was a huge difference in terms of sturdiness as well as the weight between the two, but since we havent paid £500 for the oem i think that can be overlooked :D
and i was really tempted to go for the silver, but with white the black one looks better whereas black and silver looks quite sophisticated imho

·
Registered
321 Posts
to be fair i had a few screws left also, but in the end didnt give two monkeys where they were from, it might have been few off the original grille that weren't used on the aftermarket, in terms of warping i would say that will be purely because of the quality compared to the oem, as it was a huge difference in terms of sturdiness as well as the weight between the two, but since we havent paid £500 for the oem i think that can be overlooked :D
and i was really tempted to go for the silver, but with white the black one looks better whereas black and silver looks quite sophisticated imho
I had a few left over too so must be normal

41 - 60 of 62 Posts