Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Sponsor
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
How far are we off target
4 left. Admittedly I haven't been promoting very well the last week or two, a lot going on sadly. I'm still confident we'll hit the target
Worst case scenario, I think we can still hit the price target with the current numbers, just makes things extremely tight.

·
Registered
547 Posts
4 left. Admittedly I haven't been promoting very well the last week or two, a lot going on sadly. I'm still confident we'll hit the target
Worst case scenario, I think we can still hit the price target with the current numbers, just makes things extremely tight.
that would certainly earn you a pint :giggle:
btw what is shipping time from china? Usual 2-3 weeks or are they a bit more sensible? ;)

·
Sponsor
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
that would certainly earn you a pint :giggle:
btw what is shipping time from china? Usual 2-3 weeks or are they a bit more sensible? ;)
Generally 5-10 days. The bulk orders are usually a lot quicker than your usual AliExpress order kinda shipping. They'll be shipped to me, I'll sort customs etc, then they'll be inspected, repacked, and sent on their way on 1-2 day delivery. No gambling on customs fees, no hidden shipping costs. Price is the price.

·
Sponsor
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Good and bad news. Unfortunately the group buy didn't quite hit the target of signups, but we're going to continue regardless. If you have not paid already, you should receive an invoice with a payment link shortly. We will be keeping the group buy open until all participants are paid, at which point we will place the order with our supplier. Hopefully this all means your shiny new grills will be with you within 2-3 weeks!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Hi, I have few questions :
1. Is this grill a replica or original
2. How much is shipping within EU (Croatia)
3. Can I make an order?
1. Replica obviously, unless you have seen oem ones anywhere in croatia for that price :)
2. Cant really answer that.
3. Not really as group buy ended already, unless he has ordered some spares, in that case you're in luck ;)

·
Sponsor
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hi, I've not abandoned ye all! A bit of family drama and unwell relatives plus general burnout knocked me down for a while, but I have been working away getting the grills on their way. We had a couple suppliers lined up, but one was rather difficult and the other very slow on the draw.
Everything is sorted now, and the grills are on their way, hopefully everyone will have theirs by the end of the month, but I can't guarantee that right now.
As for the questions asked, these are a separate design inspired by the original RS5 grill. They do not include any badging, but you can easily affix your original badge to them. There might be one or two available extra, as I had to order round numbers for packaging reasons, but some of these are reserved already and we won't be sure which are left until the current batch is sent out. If you'd like to order one in, we'd have to organise another group buy.

For shipping to Croatia, I don't have a firm quote right now, but I'd estimate something in the region of €25-30

·
Sponsor
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Grills are here!

Will be shipping these out Monday/Tuesday by DPD next day. If anyone needs to update their address, then this weekend is your last chance! Drop us an email before Monday morning and we'll make sure everything goes to the right place.

·
Registered
547 Posts
So my grill is on as of weekend and new badges are on as of today ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
547 Posts
Are you with b8.5? If so I think he was gonna email everyone as I think I was the first to get my hands dirty and I was a tad disappointed as you will need new badge so don't stick yours on as you will end up with misaligned badge and broken clips - leaned that the hard way :D
He said to me that he was running out of the country - to Russia to be precise so you can't wish any more bad on him ;)
You will need new rings badge as supplier don't speak much English or I would think that they don't really want so get has sent something Eamonn didn't really want :)
If you're struggling with anything let me know as I have bought the stuff already and can give you some links if need be ;)

·
Registered
547 Posts
from start to finish it was around 3h, could have been probably less, but when putting everything together had a few extra bolts so shit myself took it all apart again only to find out that they were holding the original grille, then few bolts fell thru into the engine bay and so on :D
all good fun and big enjoyment at the end ;)

·
Sponsor
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
The thing about the logos is this:
For some reason, the supplier didn't tell me until I found the issue out the hard way... In a cost saving measure, they manufacture the grills with a 'standard' logo size. Standard to them that is, so your OEM A5 logos won't fit into place. You will need to purchase a new one from your favourite online auction site or other market place. I cannot supply these as I don't really want to get into the copyright mess.
For prefacelift, you will need the logo intended for an A6 C6. For facelift you'll need A6 C7.
If you have any problems get in touch and we'll try to sort out covering the cost of the replacement rings where possible.

And if anyone reading is interested, we do have one last all-black facelift grill in stock...

·
Sponsor
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Hi Eamonn, I'm interested in the one you have left. How do I get this? Do I need to order it via your site?
Cheers Tony
I'll put it on the website and send you the link once I return from holiday Just bear in mind the logo issue, maybe a good excuse to change to a black one?

·
Sponsor
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
No the S5 ones are too small, you'll need a new set intended for an A6 C7

·
Sponsor
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Ah no, you should be able to carry that over fine, they're just clip on I believe?

21 - 40 of 62 Posts