Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've come across an OEM RS5 Sport Exhaust and am wondering if it can be put onto a 2012 Prem+ V8 S5.

The main reason for this would be to gain access to a flap valve exhaust and leave the flap open to improve the exhaust note.

My 2012 does not have the drive modes option, but I am open to getting it VagCom'ed to accomplish this.

Would the fitment be at least similar enough from the RS5 to S5? I realize that the exhaust tips go from 4 pipes to 2 large ovals and the exhaust on the RS5 is designed to go through the bumper, so would expect to either buy a new bumper or do some work to get it to fit.

Thoughts are welcome and appreciated!

Cheers!

Ck256

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any opinions? Anyone? Stupid idea? Go for it? Send us pictures?

:)

I've come across an OEM RS5 Sport Exhaust and am wondering if it can be put onto a 2012 Prem+ V8 S5.

The main reason for this would be to gain access to a flap valve exhaust and leave the flap open to improve the exhaust note.

My 2012 does not have the drive modes option, but I am open to getting it VagCom'ed to accomplish this.

Would the fitment be at least similar enough from the RS5 to S5? I realize that the exhaust tips go from 4 pipes to 2 large ovals and the exhaust on the RS5 is designed to go through the bumper, so would expect to either buy a new bumper or do some work to get it to fit.

Thoughts are welcome and appreciated!

Cheers!

Ck256

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
- The exhaust sits a bit higher, so you'd either need to modify the hangers or retrofit the OEM RS5 bumper/valance (which requires modification of the rear wheel arches)

- The valves are driven by vacuum lines, for which the RS5 has a dedicated system under the luggage compartment floor -- you'd need to retrofit this kid for the factory valve system.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I'll take a look at hanger modification. I think at leastg initially, I'll leave the valves open and see how I like the sound.

Appreciate the feedback

- The exhaust sits a bit higher, so you'd either need to modify the hangers or retrofit the OEM RS5 bumper/valance (which requires modification of the rear wheel arches)

- The valves are driven by vacuum lines, for which the RS5 has a dedicated system under the luggage compartment floor -- you'd need to retrofit this kid for the factory valve system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts