Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey guys,

just completed the mod on my a5, only issue is that it does’t go 100% down, flushed with the trunk...

PFA :

any idea if i did something wrong when dismantling it for painting, or how can i corect this? it stays like 1cm up... if i manually push it it goes down the cm no resistance. if it’s up i can’t move it at all by hand ...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I PM'ed you.

And yes, its everything you need to wire it up, it's almost plug and play. I designed it for people without much knowledge about car electrics.
Hi I have a 2012 S5 convertible- will this electric spoiler upgrade work on my car?

·
Registered
581 Posts
No, because the RS5 bootlid is different!

·
Registered
237 Posts
The RS5 bootlid swap only works for the coupe version A5/S5 as the convertible and sportback are different.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey guys,

just completed the mod on my a5, only issue is that it does’t go 100% down, flushed with the trunk...

PFA :

any idea if i did something wrong when dismantling it for painting, or how can i corect this? it stays like 1cm up... if i manually push it it goes down the cm no resistance. if it’s up i can’t move it at all by hand ...
My admittedly wild speculation: It looks like the spoiler 'bounced' when going down - like it was headed down, hit some sort of limit, then moved back up a small amount. So possibly it was reassembled 'out of alignment'? I have no clue what the 'proper' procedure would be, but if I had to take a stab at it, possibly loosen the spoiler blade enough that the mechanism can operate freely. Cycle a few times to let it go to the natural 'down' position, then tighten/adjust the spoiler blade to be fully down at that point.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts