Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Are you looking for new or used? Also, given your 2008 model year you're most likely gonna have to replace your Convenience Control Module (CCM) and have the component protection removed by Audi Dealership. Its pretty much gonna be extra steps considering your year. Have fun 💪
Hi, I also have a 2008 S5 model and I've found a wrecked RS5 B8.5 from which I'll buy all needed parts. Will the CCM from B8.5 RS5 fit my B8 S5?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hi, I also have a 2008 S5 model and I've found a wrecked RS5 B8.5 from which I'll buy all needed parts. Will the CCM from B8.5 RS5 fit my B8 S5?
Yes, physically it should be the same. You will still need to get the protection removed and programmed by an Audi dealer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
hanif87 thanks again bro ! I hooked up everything like in the schematics , coding and everything working like factory install 😁, ..in my B8.5 the wires that go to both bcm's were already there so it was even more simple for me ,didn't need to rewire the whole thing. 👍

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, physically it should be the same. You will still need to get the protection removed and programmed by an Audi dealer.
I've looked into offers of convenience modules and there are several types of them 8K0907064?? (question mark represents a random letter). I don't know which one will fit my particular car. Is there some kind of website which will list possible replacements with spoiler support?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Can you tell me what I need to do this? And how much work is involved in it?
Well in my case was easier than I thought , I actually part it out off a rs5 a member in audizine had for sale and for the most it was a straight swap other than 2 wires that I wasn't 100% sure where they went but thanks to hanif87 I was able to have them in there right location . I'll say the hardest part was painting it . But I'm sure there's members here that can guide you better than I on this , only thing I can say that I know is eurozone sells everything you need for this project but it is around $5k. + shipping + painting + installation . Hope you can get this retrofit , I love it just took my ride to a whole other level 😊

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Can you tell me what I need to do this? And how much work is involved in it?
You'll need:
-complete RS5 trunk and wing
-trunk springs
-rubber stoppers
-wiring
-wing module
-dash switch
-the 2 brackets for the module
-2 nuts for the plastic bracket
-10 amp fuse
-back seat clips

also if your S5 is a 2010 or older you may need to replace your BCM, since it does not support the wing and it wont work. once you do that you'll need to take the car to Audi to have the component protection disabled and your keys reprogrammed to the new BCM. if your car is newer then you wont need this.

Also you will need VAGCOM tool to code and enable the wing.

Install is not hard at all. Just time consuming, the hardest part for me was finding a used trunk and wing. once i got all the parts, i test fitted it. and it worked right away.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I've looked into offers of convenience modules and there are several types of them 8K0907064?? (question mark represents a random letter). I don't know which one will fit my particular car. Is there some kind of website which will list possible replacements with spoiler support?
sorry for the late response, it should be 8K0 907 064 CQ or higher revision.

·
Registered
237 Posts
You'll need:
-complete RS5 trunk and wing
-trunk springs
-rubber stoppers
-wiring
-wing module
-dash switch
-the 2 brackets for the module
-2 nuts for the plastic bracket
-10 amp fuse
-back seat clips

also if your S5 is a 2010 or older you may need to replace your BCM, since it does not support the wing and it wont work. once you do that you'll need to take the car to Audi to have the component protection disabled and your keys reprogrammed to the new BCM. if your car is newer then you wont need this.

Also you will need VAGCOM tool to code and enable the wing.

Install is not hard at all. Just time consuming, the hardest part for me was finding a used trunk and wing. once i got all the parts, i test fitted it. and it worked right away.
Great list. My car is a 2010 and I retrofitted every imaginable feature without a module change. My Convenience Control Module (CCM) ends with "DG".

21 - 40 of 45 Posts