Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hello all,
Looking to install the RS5 spoiler on my S5.
I know what I need to get this done... new trunk, spoiler, switch, module and brackets, wiring and hardware, rubber bumpers and springs for trunk.

I know this topic has been covered on here and other places a few times but I'm looking for wiring details. I haven't been able to find anything on wiring. I know there's kits out there that you can buy and they come with all the wiring and instructions but I'm not looking to spend 5k on a kit and then even more to get it painted. So I'll be going the used parts route, which most likely means I'll make my own wiring harness. Just need to know where does the switch connect and apparently there's 3 wires that you need to splice into the car harness. Wondering where all that connects, pin-outs, diagrams, instructions or someones experience would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hi, I sell complete wirelooms for this. It's also in the sale section.

I supplied many people with the correct loom and also have done this retrofit myself on my S5 2013.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, I sell complete wirelooms for this. It's also in the sale section.

I supplied many people with the correct loom and also have done this retrofit myself on my S5 2013.
Sorry, I tried PMing you but apparently I can't do that since I'm new to the site until i get 15 posts. How much are you selling the spoiler wireloom for, shipped to US?
I haven't been able to find much on the wiring, does this include everything I need as far as wiring goes?

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have done this retrofit to my 2010 Audi S5. I can also provide schematics and installation instructions.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Sorry, I tried PMing you but apparently I can't do that since I'm new to the site until i get 15 posts. How much are you selling the spoiler wireloom for, shipped to US?
I haven't been able to find much on the wiring, does this include everything I need as far as wiring goes?
I PM'ed you.

And yes, its everything you need to wire it up, it's almost plug and play. I designed it for people without much knowledge about car electrics.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Does anyone who has done this have the part numbers for the RS5 springs and rubber bumpers please?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
You will need the following:
Rs5 electric spoiler bootlid
Rs5 bootlid springs
Centre console control switch.
Wiring loom
Bootlid rubber stops.
And the module.

Send me a message if you want the how to guide complete with exactly what coding you need to do with vcds. I have it in .pdf format

Attachments

·
Registered
581 Posts
You will need the following:
Rs5 electric spoiler bootlid
Rs5 bootlid springs
Centre console control switch.
Wiring loom
Bootlid rubber stops.
And the module.

Send me a message if you want the how to guide complete with exactly what coding you need to do with vcds. I have it in .pdf format
Thats my guide you are talking about, it comes with the wireloom that I sell.

·
Registered
87 Posts
It's a good guide thanks. 👍

·
Sponsor
2,301 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
diagram/pin out

Hi. Before I get too far into searching for a wiring diagram, would anyone have the pinout of the spoiler switch they could share? I plan to use the switch to activate other accessories. Thanks!

KS

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hi does anyone know where I can buy bootlid with retractable spoiler for my 2008 s5 any help much appreciated.
Thanks
Are you looking for new or used? Also, given your 2008 model year you're most likely gonna have to replace your Convenience Control Module (CCM) and have the component protection removed by Audi Dealership. Its pretty much gonna be extra steps considering your year. Have fun 💪

·
Registered
581 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi, I did the retrofit to my 2013 S5 , I'm stuck on 3 wires , I need to know there exact location where they connect , if someone as the diagrams I would be very grateful ?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts