Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this link from the Car magazine website:
http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/secret_new_car.php?sid=701&page=1
I've read elsewhere that Audi will only have one RS model at any one time, so suspect the information that it will be next year is somewhat wide of the mark as RS6 deliveries don't start until mid 08.

Not sure about the wheels either - not really my taste.
I've also read that this car will have the new sport differential which can divide torque sideways across the rear axle and the electronic control will suposedly completely eliminate understeer, which is normally engineered into Audis.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Thats old news and the pic is a photoshop so don't stress about the wheels and stuff.

I think Audi will create an RS5 simply because the R8 and RS6 appeal to a different segment of the market. I'm not sure Audi can afford to overlook the success of the RS4 and really need a halo car for those of us living in the real World i.e a bit more affordable. I've put my name down for one with my local dealer, just hope its not too far in the future.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, old news, I missed the date at the top!:rolleyes:

I only started looking around for news of an RS5 because it's mentioned in this week's Autocar in a small piece about the Audi Sport Differential and had thought that there wouldn't be one for at least 3 years as the RS6 is not due to end production before mid 2010.

As I mentioned, it has been widely reported that Audi will only have one RS model at a time, so (if accurate) that means no RS5 (for now), probably no RS3 or RS TT at all, no RS4 for potentially a very long time if the RS5 is next after the RS6.

Does anyone know if the sport differential will appear on lesser A5/S5s? I read somewhere (can't find it again) that the first model to get it will be the TT, so presume it will be an option (with the active suspension and altered steering also options) on most of Audi's current Quattro models.

Anyone heard about this? Don't think I can hold off my order for my A5 unless they announce very soon that it's available. I've still got about 10 days before my order goes in to Audi, but think I'm going to stick to the spec shown in my signature.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I would imagine if and when it does become available it will be offered on the S5 first. Its clever technology but I can't believe its worth delaying your A5 order for ?? Nice spec by the way - just get on and order it Scratch!!!!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, thanks Blade - agree that seeing as I'm already watching the calendar (wishing my life away?!) waiting for delivery, it's not something I would consider delaying for. Sounds good though, so long as the 'marketing' people at Audi don't get their way and tell the engineers to put back in the understeer which they've been accused of doing to the A5 and new A4.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts