Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Placed my order at Darkside Developments for a set of non-res downpipes this week and they are shipped already.
Quite excited to hear what difference they actually make. I hope they do open up the V8 just that little bit more. Sound from factory sports exhaust has disappointed me slightly over the years so hoping that’s about to change.

Attachments

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here’s the story. Got my non res downpipes fitted and it has totally transformed the engine note. It’s so much easier now to get that satisfying V8 growl even at moderate speeds. If you bury the right foot it can really shout. What I’m most impressed with is that I have zero drone. When my better half is with me and in comfort mode you’d not know there’s been a change (exactly what I wanted). When out on my own and in dynamic mode - WOW - incredible difference. In my opinion that’s how it should have sounded from the factory.
Here’s a few pics to feast your eyes on…would I recommend - for sure. But there was a costly discovery too 🤔
I put my car to Audi for a service and mot four weeks ago and since I got it back there has been a drip of oil on my garage floor. I booked a quick assessment slot with Audi today as well and they have diagnosed a pinhole in my front centre oil cooler 🥺 a cool £800 odd part in itself and it’s a front off repair with my dynamic cruise requiring a recalibration to finish. I’ve discussed them removing my oil cooler and I’ll source a reputable re-corer or refurb shop who can warranty their work and that will hopefully reduce the final bill hopefully.
Enjoy the photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
366 Posts
Nice work on the exhaust, bet it sounds amazing. Did you delete centre boxes as part of this?

Sorry to hear about the oil cooler, but at least you spotted it before any damage

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice work on the exhaust, bet it sounds amazing. Did you delete centre boxes as part of this?

Sorry to hear about the oil cooler, but at least you spotted it before any damage
TonyP,
the only part removed were the resinators. The centre muffler and two rear mufflers with valves have all been retained. This keeps it 100% mot compliant. I honestly can’t believe the difference it’s made. That has been a very worthwhile mod in my opinion. I’ve done a fair bit of research over the years on exhaust mods and listening to audio clips or watching YouTube videos can not truly represent the proper noise of the exhausts. To hear it in person is the only way to appreciate what it sounds like. I’m a real “happy chappy”.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.