Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all just been lucky enough to be able to buy a rs5. its a 2015 and has DRC not shore if they all do as am new to the rs world . was just wondering if its possible to fit lowering springs to theses struts or will it through up faults ? thanks for any advice or help

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
889 Posts
As long as it’s the springs and not the dampeners then you’ll have the full functionality of DRC. Once you remove the dampeners, then you’ll lose that altogether.

Also from previous posts, no fault codes.

Pics of the car would be brill!
~Alex

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
889 Posts
Thanks Alex that's great news only had the car a month and two weeks of that it's been in the stealers, is a project car but hopfully be good once I get it how I want it View attachment 179627 .
Always wanted to go for the RS5 but couldn’t couldn’t justify the fuel/ insurance/ service costs 😭

Maybe when I’m retired ! Hahahahahah 😂

Outstanding colour choice, I love the Daytona Grey! 🤤

~Alex

·
Registered
150 Posts
I am by no means an expert. I have DRC on my S5. If you are doing coilovers, there are a few that will fit the shocks. KW is one. The KW HAS (height adjustable springs) appear to be well liked and are less than 800.00 USD.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Thanks Alex that's great news only had the car a month and two weeks of that it's been in the stealers, is a project car but hopfully be good once I get it how I want it View attachment 179627 .
Welcome to the RS5 stable Scuby22. I do love the Daytona Grey. You’ve managed to bag yourself the last of the V8’s there with the 2015 model so look after and enjoy this one.
What’s its history? Why was it in the stealers for two weeks? What’s your plans for it?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the suspention light came on the day i bought it so then sat on my drive for 3 weeks waiting for a apointtment at preston audi . the plans for the car is to give it a good tidy up and enjoy it its not in the best condtion at the moment but bought as a bit of a on going project

·
Registered
555 Posts
the suspention light came on the day i bought it so then sat on my drive for 3 weeks waiting for a apointtment at preston audi . the plans for the car is to give it a good tidy up and enjoy it its not in the best condtion at the moment but bought as a bit of a on going project
Did Preston Audi get the suspension issue resolved? Does your RS have the Dynamic suspension?
What’s your plans for this project car?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Still waiting on Preston audi . Yes it has the dynamic suspension. Plans for car so far are to get it looking as nice as yours lol. wheel refurbishment then some bits of paint to sort out then normal exhaust drop it down a bit possable remap.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Still waiting on Preston audi . Yes it has the dynamic suspension. Plans for car so far are to get it looking as nice as yours lol. wheel refurbishment then some bits of paint to sort out then normal exhaust drop it down a bit possable remap.
Will be interesting to hear what the issue is with your suspension and what’s done to fix it. Keep us updated. Your plans sound good by the way.

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
Scuby that is one STUNNING looking car well done and please keep us posted!!! Simon

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Little bits but short story they still have the car and are hopfully going to change another if the shockabsorbers today / tomorrow so that will be the third. It already had one new one on when I bought it so hopfully they are running out of things to change. Losing love with the car 😔. Thanks for asking tho

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you Mr Fergus . Been told today there is a possibility it could be ready tomorrow so finger crossed . spending my time looking at parts i want and how to guilds lol

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Ohhhhh Mr Fergus. No pain - no pleasure

You've been on those dodgy websites again, haven't you........

And scuby, the love will be back as soon as you have that v8 singing to you......

1 - 18 of 18 Posts