Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Getting my rs5 delivered within a couple of weeks.

I was wondering what people get real life on mpg? My commute to work is 80 miles a day! Obviously I wont use the car every day and we are planning to move in a few months alot closer.

On a run of say mostly dual carriageway what do you people get.

Cheers.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Yes 26 coasting at a steady 60 odd. I was just interested to see the best mpg I could get. Now I know i’ll never need to repeat it and enjoy driving the car the way it was meant to ?

Did you find a wing for your RS5, why are you needing that if you’ve not taken delivery yet?

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
No Mr. F... just a work of fiction! Hehe.

Reactions: SimonRoma

·
Registered
410 Posts
Come on guys, I’m throwing down the gauntlet now!!
On my way home from work today I’ve achieved 30.0mpg. It did say 30.3 but by the time I had it parked, idling and photographed it settled on 30.0mpg. (Downhill all the way, caught the car in front’s jet stream, High gloss polish last night for aerodynamics lol).
The benchmark to beat with RS5 B8.5 models.

Attachments

·
Registered
519 Posts
Haha Mr Fergus that's kinda cheating if it's all downhill. I reset my mpg on the way to work tonight while I was coasting downhill and it went to 200!........
But not for long lol
S5 tho so I guess that doesn't count.
I think you'll hold the title for a while with 30.

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Fuel economy competitions from RS5 drivers???? DO me a favour guys......

·
Registered
410 Posts
SimonRoma, there’s method in my madness. I’m only interested in fuel economy just now as I’m intending doing the North Coast 500 in Scotland and there’s hardly a fuel station in sight. Think I’ll plan to take Jerry can or two with me. Top up in Inverness prior to start. It’s all downhill from Inverness I’m told so should be achievable.

·
Registered
77 Posts
No point in doing the NC 500 if you have to be careful with the right foot is there?

Take plenty of jerry cans with you and enjoy it properly!

·
Registered
1 Posts
SimonRoma, there’s method in my madness. I’m only interested in fuel economy just now as I’m intending doing the North Coast 500 in Scotland and there’s hardly a fuel station in sight. Think I’ll plan to take Jerry can or two with me. Top up in Inverness prior to start. It’s all downhill from Inverness I’m told so should be achievable.
I am a huge fan of the K&N Air filters. I increased my overall mileage on my 2011 RS5 by about 20% I was getting 200 miles per tank prior to putting them in. And after it is 240-250 miles per tank. It is just a touch louder and in some head to head comparisons a bit faster than stock. As well, the difference in air flow will let you sneak by on using normal unleaded petrol without any knock. I don't do that unless I get caught out with no Premium available.

Just my 2p. Good luck

·
Registered
410 Posts
Amazing results with the K&N Randy! Dansa5 asked real mpg and I think it’s approx 18-19mpg. I’m now finding it so easy to get into the 30mpg mark if you feel the need to amble in the RS. I took the car a 135 mile round trip last weekend and I think I maxed out the mpg at an average of 34 on my outward leg and 32 on my return giving an average of 33mpg round trip. But TBH the RS should be driven with a heavier foot but it’s amazing what can be really achieved at each end of the spectrum. 8mpg when properly using the V8 compared to 33mpg when trying.
Out of interest was that more noisy from your engine bay or exhaust at rear?

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
No point in doing the NC 500 if you have to be careful with the right foot is there?

Take plenty of jerry cans with you and enjoy it properly!
Did the NC500 on motorbikes a few years ago and never had a issue with fuel stops. Bike does no more than 150mikes to a tank, more like 110miles when making good progress. Doubt you will have any issues finding a petrol pump.

·
Registered
161 Posts
We tend to fuel with normal, but most of the stops were in towns with larger fuel stations so super premium would be available. Only one stop was a self service single pump serving regular petrol and diesel, so we used whatever there was. If this was in a car I would just half fill and stop at the proper station

I'll dig out the route with stops we took and post it up to give you a idea

1 - 20 of 30 Posts