Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi iv a audi A5 coupe b8 model 3.2fsi, my timing chain broke 馃槶 I'm looking to find out what is needed to do rs5 4.2fsi conversion as I have a rs5 V8 engine with wiring harness and ecu there in my garage I'm just looking for info on what other parts would need to be changed for me to do the conversion, thanks.

Premium Member
Haha goodness, so you like a challenge eh???? I dunno. I had an A5 with the 3.2 and now I have an old S4 V8, both autos, but swapping engines on these cars I think would be VERY tricky. These are quite sophisticated cars with loads of clever and tricky electronics. Good luck!! Keep us posted.

Registered
Would be an interesting swap, super sleeper A5 with that engine in it. I would imagine cooling requirements would be slightly different, maybe there's a difference in radiators between the 2 engines, or at least I'd imagine the connecting hoses would be different.

Not sure what gearbox differences there are, but possibly new driveshafts at the front and propshaft? Aside from that, if you bother to transfer the whole loom and all sensors along with the engine and electronics I would have thought a coding and electronic magician could make it all work and start for you. I don't see why not at least.

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts