Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the temperature here has taken a downward trend over the last few days, I just found out that my front heated seats don't appear to be working.

When I press either driver or passenger heated seat button on the dash, none of the LEDs turn on and the seats don't heat. I've scanned with VCDS and no errors. I've also pulled fuse C1 and checked it from the left side footwell and it's fine.
Anyone any ideas on what to check or what the issue may be?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
363 Posts
If VCDS does not show errors, double check you have the latest VCDS interface for the vehicle year. My RS5 built May 2021 needed the latest VCDS interface to talk to all modules.

Check you are seeing the modules in VCDS for MMI (module 5F), and electric seats, and climate control if separate, based on model year? If the module is not scanned/visible, the error codes will not appear.

Also, check maybe all the fuses (except the very obvious which are not related) in case part of the features are covered by a different fuse.

Your discovery that both driver and passenger seat heating is inoperative suggests something beyonds the seats, such as the control modules mentioned above.

Hope it helps!

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
Mate it could perhaps be a bum sensitivity problem, in other words yer bum has fallen sleep?????

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately I have not gotten to the bottom of it yet. I've checked fuses in the footwell, dash and boot and all are fine. I've also checked connectors at the back of the dash control unit and they're good.

I'm awaiting access to the latest VCDS to check if heated seats are actually enabled.

If I had another control unit, it would rule it out as being faulty but I don't.

If you manage to get a resolution, please feel free to share as I will.

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts