Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At an estimated $9,500 USD, sounds like an attractive alternative to getting an RS5, that is if the RS5 will indeed be priced $15,000+ more than the S5, like all past RS models by Audi.

Attachments

·
Registered
750 Posts
I didn't see this on VF's website, where did you get the details (do you have more details?)

·
Registered
218 Posts
they said that rs4, s5, and r8 are in the works. looks amazing and compared to mtm's kit, it's very appetizing...

·
Registered
76 Posts
So why is this one so much less expensive than MTM's? (As the saying goes: Good, Fast, Cheap - Pick any two.)

·
Registered
432 Posts
So why is this one so much less expensive than MTM's? (As the saying goes: Good, Fast, Cheap - Pick any two.)
You are missing some part of the equation. MTM = overpriced. I think they were taking advantage of a monopoly with their prices. Only a total fanatic with too much money would buy the MTM products. They also want $1K more for an exhaust system (as compared to a typical price of the other options).

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
You are missing some part of the equation. MTM = overpriced. I think they were taking advantage of a monopoly with their prices. Only a total fanatic with too much money would buy the MTM products. They also want $1K more for an exhaust system (as compared to a typical price of the other options).
+1

Yeah, they correctly guess that a lot of euro owners never price check their purchases. Any of the companies that are charging $2k+ for exhaust are crazy. There is NOTHING in the engineering or materials that makes an S5 exhaust cost more to produce than a Corvette Z06 exhaust.

Then again a lot of consumers also like Bose products; they get piece of mind by paying more. (it costs more, so it must be better, lol)

-Ray

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
It look like a non FSI kit to me.

Jarod.
A lot of these questions were answered on Audizine. They are prototyping using the same casing as the non-FSI S4 kit.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Unless you simply can't wait, RS5 will (probably) have other improvements over the S4 than just the engine alone (e.g., sports diff, dsg, 3g mmi, revised body to set-off from other models etc). Suffice to say, I think it will be worth the extra $15k or so...

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Unless you simply can't wait, RS5 will (probably) have other improvements over the S4 than just the engine alone (e.g., sports diff, dsg, 3g mmi, revised body to set-off from other models etc). Suffice to say, I think it will be worth the extra $15k or so...
I dunno that's a tough call... spend ~$10k on your car that you're about halfway done paying for, which probably has other improvements as well, like coilovers, exhaust, etc... or get whatever it's worth and start over again except $15k higher?

I think the VF mod path will definitely have its share of supporters, especially those who don't feel like DSG is an improvement in driving sensation over an old fashioned 3-pedal setup.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I dunno that's a tough call... spend ~$10k on your car that you're about halfway done paying for, which probably has other improvements as well, like coilovers, exhaust, etc... or get whatever it's worth and start over again except $15k higher?

I think the VF mod path will definitely have its share of supporters, especially those who don't feel like DSG is an improvement in driving sensation over an old fashioned 3-pedal setup.
Fair point - I guess my comment wouldn't apply to those who already own S5 and you would have to cough up alot more than $15k for the RS5.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Considering the depreciation i've already lost on my car and the mods i've done now, this is looking very good indeed, don't think i'm up for loosing that much money on a car again.

If it ends up cost between £5k-6k then I will definitely consider it. Just add the stasis limited slip diff and hey presto something to sit up there with the up coming RS5.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Wow that's sick, when will this be on the market?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.