1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Doesn't look like it is to be honest, as fast as the RS4 is, its not that much faster.

I'll be testing the difference against my mates RS4 first chance I get.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well SAJ, if you do go careful but get it on film mate..I've had a run in with a nutter in an RS4 and he didn't pull on me like in that clip. But I gave up before we caused an accident.

·
Registered
315 Posts
A majority of car videos are mostly straightline races. Its like watching drag racing or NASCAR vs. WRC or Moto GP. I wonder how most of these youtubers would fair with some turns throwned in.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I remember when I used to drive a 996 Turbo... everyone would want to race me, but I never tried. Someone could have video taped themselves in a Jetta, and accelerated while I just drove normally in the 996, posted the video, and could have said that they won, which obviously wouldn't happen in a real race. Chances are that the person in the S5 was just some guy on the street who saw an RS4 race past him and was like "whatever."

·
Registered
735 Posts
Undertaking as well :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Well SAJ, if you do go careful but get it on film mate..I've had a run in with a nutter in an RS4 and he didn't pull on me like in that clip. But I gave up before we caused an accident.
Yeh will get it on film, and will be very careful about it, we're not nutters like some.

lol at them in the RS4, blatent drug dealers
LOL

Just to add, one of the guyz I know said he raced the E46 M3 with his RS4 and he said it was very close between them, not like the way you see in that picture. We'll probably have a few RS4s at the OC meet this weekend too...i hope anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Saj, we could get something this sunday if your mate comes with the RS4. I've got an HD camera here as well ;) It'll be Über cool :D

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Saj, we could get something this sunday if your mate comes with the RS4. I've got an HD camera here as well ;) It'll be Über cool :D
In that case i'll make sure he comes.

Will also be good to see how much a difference there is between the 3.0TDI and the S5 in the real world too.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wish I didn't live so far away !!! :mad:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, Vin has my cars twin brother ...

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
493 Posts
the S5 isn't trying :) 100% sure - the RS4 is like 0.5s faster... not 5s..

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Just wanted to add to this with some stats:-

0 - 30 (sec): Audi S5 (1.6) ----- RS4 (1.7)
0 - 45 (sec): Audi S5 (3.1) ----- RS4 (3.1)
0 - 60 (sec): Audi S5 (4.9) ----- RS4 (4.7)
0 - 75 (sec): Audi S5 (7.4) ----- RS4 (6.8)
1/4 Mile (sec @ mph): Audi S5 (13.3 @ 104.6) ----- RS4 (13.2 @ 106.8)
30 - 0 (ft): Audi S5 (28) ----- RS4 (26.5)
60 - 0 (ft): Audi S5 (110) ----- RS4 (107)

Note:- Ignore everything else and notice the 0.1 second difference in the quater mile time. Yes the RS4 is without a doubt the faster car, but not like the ass kicking that video makes it out to be.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Very interesting stats there SAJ :cool:

Without doubt very little in both cars as your stats prove,i'll keep me S5 though :D

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
i believe that a vid is to follow... looks good lads the police were hot on the tail thou hence me hanging back.... looked sexy thou ;)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts