Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of you probably already know, i'm most likely going to have a custom exhaust and sports cat made for the S5 when I get it. However i'm debating over what kind of tails pipes I should have. Larger quad like the milltek (maybe about another 5 - 10mm bigger over milltek) or RS4 style pipes?

I did 2 photoshops to give an idea.........

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
The RS4 style exausts look amazing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Another vote for the RS4 style - look awsome and mean

·
Registered
735 Posts
RS4s for me too - think the quads are not 'different' enough from standard if you are going to change - might as well look totally different :)

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RS Style +1
I'll wait to see what supersprint brings to the game with their oval cat back as it will most likely do the job i'm looking for. The same box is available for the RS4 so i've attached the pic below to give people an idea of what it looks like.

According to the website it is also 145mm x 95mm just as the S5 one will be.

Attachments

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have had similar thoughts. The problem that I have with going ovals are:
(1) I have an 'S' not an 'RS model. (2) Mercedes/Porsche uses them like they are going out of style (3) Very difficult to find large ovals that correctly fill the factory valence.

Having quad exhaust seems to stand out on the street with every day cars more. Perhaps (in my mind) switching to large ovals = conforming more to what is the norm, in the sense that they are 2 tips as opposed to 4 tips. In the end, going with large quads won out for me, but I still have thoughts of trying out the large ovals.

As most of you probably already know, i'm most likely going to have a custom exhaust and sports cat made for the S5 when I get it. However i'm debating over what kind of tails pipes I should have. Larger quad like the milltek (maybe about another 5 - 10mm bigger over milltek) or RS4 style pipes?

I did 2 photoshops to give an idea.........

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have had similar thoughts. The problem that I have with going ovals are:
(1) I have an 'S' not an 'RS model. (2) Mercedes/Porsche uses them like they are going out of style (3) Very difficult to find large ovals that correctly fill the factory valence.

Having quad exhaust seems to stand out on the street with every day cars more. Perhaps (in my mind) switching to large ovals = conforming more to what is the norm, in the sense that they are 2 tips as opposed to 4 tips. In the end, going with large quads won out for me, but I still have thoughts of trying out the large ovals.
I will most likely go the large quads on my car, so as soon as it's available i'll get it on and have pics up so you can compare. Wont be until May though as Supersprint are quoting end of April to order.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Without a doubt ovals, i'm saying this for a while now.
Also to the STaSIS and AWE guy's.
It look much cleaner then quat's.
Maybe GMG will produce ovals for the S5, like they do for the RS4.
Or ask AWE for a oval custom made tips on there exhaust.

Jarod.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Ya, my tips are standard slash cuts but I like it. Larger than the Millteks, but they fill up the whole cutout. Still subtle with a hint of performance but it takes a second look on the street which is what works for me.

Ovals for an S5 is poser-ish IMO. I think I know why your name is Pretender now...

The reason GMG makes ovals for the RS4 is because it's an RS4. In the same way, I don't like Magnaflow's system for the RS4 because it changes them to quads. Change for the sake of change is not always good.

Without a doubt ovals, i'm saying this for a while now.

It look much cleaner then quat's.

Jarod.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Well that's great for you Pretender. So sorry that my car doesn't meet with your approval, after all you know how an Audi "should" look like - seeing that you have one and all.

Maybe one day you can show us how a "proper" S5 should appear. Till then, enjoy my ugly S5...

Honestly - I don't care what opinions you have but when you call me out like you did below. Don't expect me not to stand up.

Peace

btw, I'm not a poser ad all mate.
I like stealth looking cars without any logo's (only the Audi rings may stay on).
Also don't like shiny wheels, prefer black centre wheels or complete titanium color.

Jarod.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Off topic slightly,question Quattrings do you have spacers fitted to your car?
and what is the drop?
Sorry couldnt pm you as it wouldnt accept.

Cheers Dave.
p.s your car is looking well nice :cool:

Back on topic,got to say like them both and look real nice but the RS4 pipes are different so that has got to be my choice SAJ,go for it m8 ;)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Mad,

I'm not using spacers on my setup but the drop (measured from ground to fender lip) is about 1.7 inches lower than the factory wheels and suspension.

My wheels have a smaller overall diameter than the factory 19s (slightly) and I have aftermarket springs. With the reduction in weight on my vehicle, and engine mods combined with the slightly smaller diameters, the car is super responsive off the line. I've unofficially measured repeat 4.4 - 4.5 numbers to 60.

Thanks for the info about the PM. Fixed.

Off topic slightly,question Quattrings do you have spacers fitted to your car?
and what is the drop?
Sorry couldnt pm you as it wouldnt accept.

Cheers Dave.
p.s your car is looking well nice :cool:

Back on topic,got to say like them both and look real nice but the RS4 pipes are different so that has got to be my choice SAJ,go for it m8 ;)

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
btw, I'm not a poser ad all mate.
I like stealth looking cars without any logo's (only the Audi rings may stay on).
Also don't like shiny wheels, prefer black centre wheels or complete titanium color.

Jarod.
Enough is enough.

You don't even have an A5 or an S5 and you are hyper-critical of what everyone does with the car they own. You are on record countless times stating what you like. OK, we got it.

And remember, I defended you when you were posting all those different pics of wheels because I thought it was your right to do so and I thought it was helpful. Now, I think you are turning into a source of negativity which is going to be harmful to the well being of the site in my view.

Just add constructively and I for one will welcome your input. If you're not going to be constructive, then I would quit frequenting a forum that you don't even have a vehicle to show for.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mad,

I'm not using spacers on my setup but the drop (measured from ground to fender lip) is about 1.7 inches lower than the factory wheels and suspension.

My wheels have a smaller overall diameter than the factory 19s (slightly) and I have aftermarket springs. With the reduction in weight on my vehicle, and engine mods combined with the slightly smaller diameters, the car is super responsive off the line. I've unofficially measured repeat 4.4 - 4.5 numbers to 60.

Thanks for the info about the PM. Fixed.
Quattrings, what reductions did you make for the weight, the two obvious parts are the wheels, car battery and is the upgraded exhaust lighter than stock? - anything else?

Also impressed with the reduction in 0 - 60 time, have you got any 0 - 100 times as i'd be interested in that.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.