Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

This is Ryan. I've been thinking about getting M3 first time. but I change my mind to Audi. new style is freaken gorgeous.

I am on the market to buy a car. I talk to one of the sales man over at Commenwealth Audi. S5 I have to order and wait 6 monthes. They said If I order I do not have to pay mark up prices.

He told me to get RS4. If I do not want to wait. RS4 is beast I know that. but old style with no engine start button.
Over at Circle Audi in Longbeach new RS4 is on sale phantom black with titanium package, nav $59000

another option wait for RS5 until 2010. save more money to bring down monthly payment. RS5 might have V8 twin turbo or v10. That is what they saying on dealer 450hp to 500hp. It will be bad AZZ car. I do not have to worry about bmw m3 jokers say bad thing about Audi. I think M3 is same as 3 series just have more power.

right now I have 08 Acura TSX. If I planning to get RS5. I can keep this car by that time it will get paid off.

some other reason RS4 is keep getting in my mind.

what you guys think?
what should I do.

·
Registered
220 Posts
If you want a sprint type of car go M3. If you want a car that is soooo comfortable to drive, that aquires quick attention, and can beat the BMW when the right person is driving, the S5 will not let you down

·
Registered
483 Posts
I'd wait for the RS5 if I were you because you still have a more than decent 08 car. I'd put my name down at multiple dealers (of course make sure your deposit, if any, is refundable) so I'd be the first to get it when it comes out.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I'd wait for the RS5 if I were you because you still have a more than decent 08 car. I'd put my name down at multiple dealers (of course make sure your deposit, if any, is refundable) so I'd be the first to get it when it comes out.
+1:cool:

·
Registered
225 Posts
I had an 2004 E46 M3, a 2006 B7 RS4 and now a 2008 B8 S5...

I loved my RS4 but would not go backwards, the technology is not as up to date as the S5, I would wait til the RS5 or even the next RS4

New shape M3 has grown on me, again a great machine to drive, but just not the same finish and passion as Audi IMHO...

Jason

·
Registered
318 Posts
I live in Irvine too and I just have to comment... The RS4 even though its not as sleek as the S5 is still very rare in Orange County. I've seen 2 RS4s since they came out in 2007. Compare that to the hundreds of 3 series/C Classes that we pass driving from point A to point B in this area. The flared body work makes it one of a kind and the only RS car on these shores for at least another year +

That said, if you can hold out for late 2009, go for the RS5. It will be an incredible car but not cheap. Expect it to run around $80k if not $85. Audi will stuff it with Torque Vectoring and all of the latest features that will make the price soar. Question is, at that point in time an R8 might not be so far out of reach. If the RS5 hits the market as naturally aspirated it wont be so desirable and the low mileage R8 sounds like a better deal. If the RS5 arrives with a twin turbo V8, well then it will be interesting. I think as long as you dont add another 3 series or C Class to this community, you've made the right choice :)

Hey guys

This is Ryan. I've been thinking about getting M3 first time. but I change my mind to Audi. new style is freaken gorgeous.

I am on the market to buy a car. I talk to one of the sales man over at Commenwealth Audi. S5 I have to order and wait 6 monthes. They said If I order I do not have to pay mark up prices.

He told me to get RS4. If I do not want to wait. RS4 is beast I know that. but old style with no engine start button.
Over at Circle Audi in Longbeach new RS4 is on sale phantom black with titanium package, nav $59000

another option wait for RS5 until 2010. save more money to bring down monthly payment. RS5 might have V8 twin turbo or v10. That is what they saying on dealer 450hp to 500hp. It will be bad AZZ car. I do not have to worry about bmw m3 jokers say bad thing about Audi. I think M3 is same as 3 series just have more power.

right now I have 08 Acura TSX. If I planning to get RS5. I can keep this car by that time it will get paid off.

some other reason RS4 is keep getting in my mind.

what you guys think?
what should I do.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
The RS4 is old tech and it is a car that isnt being made any more. It's not that attractive either. The RS5 should be far superior if the S5 is anything to go on.

The S5 isnt really an option for you if you are after raw power and a track car. Whilst the S5 is superb car for the money, it is not designed to compete with the M3 or RS models. It can come close to a point but it is sports GT and that doesnt sound like what you are after. A few tweaks on the S5 can make it a bit closer but it will never be an M3 or an RS5.

The good thing about this forum is that there isnt manic brand loyalty here like others. We appreciate good cars regardless of brand. So, you should get more balanced views here.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Billy, they are not so far apart really. I'm not sure where you draw the 'class' lines but in everyday use the two are closer than you give them credit for. I doubt you would see the advantage of 0.4 secends to 60 mph or be too dissadvantaged losing out by 0.5 seconds and 8 mph in a qtr mile head to head. My best mate drives a new E92 M3 it does feel sharper than the S5 but certainly not in a different class. Different story on the track but forgive me if I'm wrong, we're not racing drivers !!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.