Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title said it all, would some one with the cable and software please advise me in reality how easy is the software to use?

This will be the first time I’ve purchased a cable and as I haven’t used it at all before – I’m technical to a point - but I’m also aware that you can seriously screw your car up by using it! So im nervous about throwing £300 at something that i end up being afraid to use....

Any advice - or just leave to the pros

Thanks all.

R

· Registered
76 Posts
If you are the concerned about it I would recommend finding someone in your area who has a VAG-COM cable and having them show you the procedure. Yes, it can be intimidating but as long as you ALWAYS document the settings before you change them you should be fine.

· Registered
18 Posts
Im getting all my mods done tomorrow with Vag-Com DRL's hidden menu etc. Ive printed out sheets from all the relevant sources.

Is the connection in the drivers footwell near the pedals behind the dash ?LOL does that make sense ?

Also for the settings to take effect is it just a matter of switched the ignition off and restarting the car ?

· Registered
1,558 Posts
Be careful, playing with VCDS is not like a computer game. If you change something in wrong way, you can completely destroy your car (from engine to MMI).

· Registered
18 Posts
Got mine done today. Very easy to do the ones below.

DRL blinking - fixed
Hidden menu - activated.
Seatbelt chime - de-activated

Need to look more into the hidden menu and what it does most of it is in German.

· Registered
1,024 Posts
Im getting all my mods done tomorrow with Vag-Com DRL's hidden menu etc. Ive printed out sheets from all the relevant sources.

Is the connection in the drivers footwell near the pedals behind the dash ?LOL does that make sense ?

Also for the settings to take effect is it just a matter of switched the ignition off and restarting the car ?
Yes, it is in the drivers footwell.

Some effects may be immediate, others may require restart.

· Registered
18 Posts
Falkirk, its a mate of mine at work that has a Vectra. He has Hex Can USB from http://www.ilexa.co.uk/

Mods took about 5-10 mins.

He is in Falkirk area. I dont think he will take a lot for mods but I know he wants something because more and more people are asking him to do the odd mod or reset. Ill find out exactly what.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.