Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Does anyone know where and how to make my roof remote opening by the key like they do in the showrooms?

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
it is a setting in the MMI
you can choose what opens/closes when you keep the open/close button on yr key pressed down for a while.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Pending on your market area (ie: North American vehicles have the ability but not set up with all features) - the convenience opening/closing of both windows and pop up sunroof can also be set through the use of VCDS - vagcom.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you mean VAGCOM not MMI?

There are companies that sell a bolt on option and Audi do it as part of the Soft close door pack for £1200 factory only.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Jace,
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can activate this feature through your MMI in the UK. For us here in NA for various reasons including safety liabilities - we need to make a few coding changes as listed in A6retrofit.tripod.com with the use of VAGCOM to allow us to select the feature in the MMI.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have had a comprehensive look and there is no option for a remote roof operation in the MMI. I dont have Vagcom i'm affraid.... Oh well

·
Registered
388 Posts
Jace, I don't work for Ross-Tech but although I was initially skeptical about forking over $249US or so for a cable and software...I strongly believe it has more than paid for itself with the 10+ modifications I've made. Some are significant, others are minor adjustments but it helps to unlock much of the potential of our cars...and continuous upgrades are provided. Cheers!

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
and if you buy a cable, you can also A4/A5 owners living nearby.
in doing so, you can even earn your cable back, by charging them a minor fee.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I've checked into this for mine; you can only initiate this feature if you have the 'convinience key' option and then via VAG-COM if it isn't already enabled.

Unfortunatley, I didnt get the convinience key:wall::wall::wall:

There is an aftermarket product that you can install, but its c.£/€300 and you need to cut into the electrical loom.:no:

Cheers

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
don't think you need the convenience key.

in the manual it says how it works (provided it is activated in module 46 - byte 2).

Convenience open/close function
The convenience open/close function allows you to open and close the windows and the sun roof* with the remote control key.
You can select which windows are opened in the settings on the sound system or MMI* ⇒ page 55.

Convenience open function

Press and hold the unlocking button  on the remote control key until the windows have reached the desired position and the sun roof* is open.
Convenience close function

Press and hold the locking button  on the remote control key until the windows and the sun roof* are closed ⇒ .

Attachments

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
don't think you need the convenience key.

in the manual it says how it works (provided it is activated in module 46 - byte 2).

Convenience open/close function
The convenience open/close function allows you to open and close the windows and the sun roof* with the remote control key.
You can select which windows are opened in the settings on the sound system or MMI* ⇒ page 55.

Convenience open function

Press and hold the unlocking button  on the remote control key until the windows have reached the desired position and the sun roof* is open.
Convenience close function

Press and hold the locking button  on the remote control key until the windows and the sun roof* are closed ⇒ .
Hi Fred,

Yup, have this enabled and can open and close the windows with the key fob. As the OP owns a cab, I assumed he was asking about the cab roof apposed to a coupe sunroof, which I suspect operates on a different circuit (module). AFIR I haven't heard of a cab owner without convenience key that has been able to activate the roof.

Cheers

·
Registered
385 Posts
You need to press the unlock button twice and then hold it down on the third press to get the roof to open while standing outside the car.. If you press and hold the button as per frednl it opens all the windows fully, but does not operate the roof..

You need to stand in the right position about 2m from the car and you must not release the button or it will stop midway and is very difficult to recover..

This was provided as a standard feature on OZ cars and it is very useful on hot days when you have a black car...

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Yup, tried this a number of times exactly as you've mentioned; in the end almost pressing the button through the key fob lol - but made no difference I'm afraid.

Cheers

·
Registered
464 Posts
without advanced key it is not possible to open the roof ( keyless start )

·
Registered
74 Posts
I tried this myself last night and low and behold my roof operated just as explained by pressing the unlock button twice and then holding down on the third press.Wish I had known this during the endless days of sunshine we had during the summer.........not.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I tried this myself last night and low and behold my roof operated just as explained by pressing the unlock button twice and then holding down on the third press.Wish I had known this during the endless days of sunshine we had during the summer.........not.
Cheers Andy; go on rub it in lol. Glad you got it working ;)

Cheers

·
Registered
74 Posts
LOL sorry Mulski didnt mean to but seeing as you have all those lovely vag com mods its only fair I have a little something myself.....:cheers:

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
LOL sorry Mulski didnt mean to but seeing as you have all those lovely vag com mods its only fair I have a little something myself.....:cheers:
No worries at all mate; enjoy it, just a pity the dealer sales folk don't really know what is available within the range options to help people in the buying process.

BTW sent you a PM - good luck with the mods:thumbsup:

Cheers

·
Registered
74 Posts
No worries at all mate; enjoy it, just a pity the dealer sales folk don't really know what is available within the range options to help people in the buying process.

BTW sent you a PM - good luck with the mods:thumbsup:

Cheers
Have just ordered my lead from Ross tech so hopefully will be here soon.Have got Mark coming over next weekend to have a look at getting my voice control working.And if im lucky maybe a few other mods,so those codes would be useful if you dont mind.And thanks again Mulski....:cheers:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Im a little confused over this thread, i have advanced key and i can remote open my roof. Are you indicating with the regular key you can remote open the roof with a vag com mod.

ps i cannot get sds peech to work on my car , if any one has a 3.0tdi my2011 cab and gets speech working please please let me know.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
About this Discussion
47 Replies
15 Participants
rackingman
Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum
A5oc Forum is an international Audi A5-S5 owners club to discuss mods, AWD quattro, turbo upgrades & more
Full Forum Listing