Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I have a 2011 a5 Cabriolet which has had issues similar to others in as much as I had water in both rear quarter panels. I dried it out cleaned all the seals and drain points. I have had no further water issues but the brake failed and the dash went blank. I had a garage look at it and they found 3 main wires had corroded and snapped off they sorted this and the car starts drives fine but they could not find why the roof won't work. They said there is power going to the unit but nothing happens. They even tried a new roof control ecu which didn't work either any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Any fault codes form the roof control unit? The hydraulic pump unit is by the rear quarter panel and amp unit so maybe that needs pulling out and the insulation removing to see if it's filled with water?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for responding mate. I dried out the foam when I first had the water issue so it's dry now. I'll have a look at the codes the garage found and let you know. Thanks again for the info

·
Registered
168 Posts
Any fault codes form the roof control unit? The hydraulic pump unit is by the rear quarter panel and amp unit so maybe that needs pulling out and the insulation removing to see if it's filled with water?
That's what happened to mine. The pump unit was corroded and I had the unit repaired rather than replaced (there is a kit you can buy). I only get water in there when I drive through deep puddles and I still need to get this fixed. I think its the flap vents as last time I could see water drops at the top of the vent fixing - pretty much the smoking gun in my case.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IMG_20191220_162352.jpg

Here is the print out guys the parking brake and dash display are sorted and I have no idea what the other codes mean. Hoping this means something to one of you who can help cheers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts