Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
The TV antenna is in there along with the phone.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Parking heater? Is this something that folks in Baltic Sea countries need to ensure that their car starts when they come back? Or is it some sort of feature to actually heat the interior before you get in?

Not sure we have this in the U.S. :confused:

·
Registered
14 Posts
It heats both the engine and the interior so that you don’t have to get rid of the ice on the windows and of course it is very nice to drive off with a warm car in a cold morning. This winter hasn’t been that cold so far but we normally get around minus five to ten degrees Celsius or even colder in the winters here, so for us it is a nice option.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Wow...I didn't realise this was an option on the A5! I have had it on my last two Saabs, and it is wonderful, as well as reducing engine wear.

Was it factory fitted or dealer fitted?

Ronnie.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The heater is running on fuel from the tank, in my case diesel. However, it will also take some power from the battery since the coupe fan is running as well in order to distribute the warm air. When started it measures the outside temperature so in the summer only the fan is running in order to make it a little bit colder in the coupe. The system is also smart in the sense that if the battery is too weak or the level in the tank is too low the system will not start. And, yes it is a factory fitted option.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Some A5's have these (small fin shaped roof mount) and some don't. Does anyone know why??
perhaps its Gordon watching our every move !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;) ;)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Cool option. Not really need for my neck of the woods. I can see our Canadian neighbors wanting it though.
I can too, being one of them. It's not available here though. I suspect it's only offered on vehicles with a diesel engine. Maybe for my next (TDI) A5.

·
Registered
44 Posts
May be worth asking them to check.

I've had it on my last two Petrol engined Saab's...so it is possible, just don't know if Audi have a version availablle.

As I'm looking at an A5 3.0 TDI, I just need to find if I can order it here in the UK, it isn't an option in the brochure :(

Ronnie.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Good to know - It's too late, as mine is built and shipped, but it's good to know that it's possible for gasoline engines too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.