Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was told by my Dealer that my Car will be with them next week and have arranged the hand over for next Friday!! The only downside to that is the fact that the date I'm collecting it is Friday 13th, good job I'm not superstitious!!! :D
As soon as I collect it's going straight to a Paint Shop to have S5 side skirts fitted as well as rear window roof spoiler! ;) Not sure how I'm going to survive all those hours while it's in the Paint Shop but I'll have to somehow!! :(

CAN'T WAIT!!!! :D

·
Registered
441 Posts
hey thats good news billy, what color are you going for at the paint shop?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Nice one Billythefish :D

3 days for me :D

Out of interest are you still wanting the carbon atlas trim? I really want to get these too.

I installed ETKA last night a found some pictures of an exploded diagram if your still interested.

8T0 867 410 E 7V7 - Carbon Right Door Trim - 141,52
8T0 867 409 E 7V7 - Carbon Right Door Trim - 141,52
8K0 863 305 E 7V7 - Carbon Centre Console Trim - 235,48

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
Robb, sorry for being a bit dim on the PM, I have that program for my RS4 not the S5 yet:D:eek:

Good luck with your car;)

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
hah no problem mate :D, its such a faf to use! and get updated. Think im just going to order these trims, its a shame it doesnt have more carbony bits. But hopefully this will be the difference in the new RS5 when ever its released, lots more carbon fiber looking bits. I have a carbon fiber fetish i think.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sapper424 - The car's coming in Phantom Black and I've already got the S5 skirts and roof spoiler painted in this colour so just need them fitting now! I've gone for the Cinnamon leather interior, it should look like ABZY's when it's finished without the S5 grille or wing mirrors, those parts aren't my cup of tea really.

robb - Hi mate, didn't go for the carbon bits as they were just too damn expensive! :( It's a shame as like you, I've got a carbon fetish too! I recently went and purchased an Audi carbon keyring along with a real carbon fibre tax disc holder, I love the carbon!! :D Good luck with your car on Friday, I bet you're not sleeping at the moment! ;)

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
:D Ooo sounds nice, got any photos of the keyring?

Cheers mate, yeh pretty sad really was clicking around ETKA till 1 in the morning looking at parts lol, really tired this morning lol.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Check out this ebay link Robb, this is where I got my keyring from. Mine's actually different to this one as it's got the work 'Audi' printed accross it but I like this new style too!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LATEST-AUDI-r...10372QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

I also got my tax disc holder from this guy and the quality of both is excellent! So are you paying nearly a grand for those carbon fibre inserts off the Audi dealer then mate??? :eek:

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Arh nice, knew I'd regret deleting my Paypal and Ebay accounts.

As for the A5 trim I really want too, but as you've said before, its daylight robbery. For 3 peices of carbon, is it even real carbon fibre? Maybe this guy from ebay can replicate them lol. We'll see, I'll let you know if i do go ahead and order them.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think if you go for just the door inserts it'll cost around £600 but if you go for these as well as the centre console it'll cost you nearly £1000!! :eek:
As for whether it's real carbon fibre or not, it is as I've seen an S5 with them in and they do look good, just not sure they look £1000 good!
It's either pay for them from your local Stealer or maybe hang on and see if you can get some from a written off S5 or something?

Let me know whether you go for it.....?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Yeh Im not sure its worth the £1000 aswell, I just noticed there're trims in the rear seats aswell. Which isnt really worth bothering with as no one will ever be using my back seats, and the passenger seat to be honest lol.
Yeh ABZY was kind enough to 'ask around', what ever that is. So I got first dibs :) although I'm pretty sure if ABZY gets a hold of some he'll be fitting them himself lol.
Someone may even be willing to swap with the bog standard silver ones lol, but I dout it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts