Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Urgh, looks like VED has just been increased for cars

My S5 has increased as has my Land Cruiser which has more than doubled.

·
Registered
573 Posts
The question I’d like answered is: Are they going to continue hiking the road tax every now and then? I can see why you’d increase road tax in new built ICE vehicles to discourage sales and steer towards electric but not penalise existing vehicles.

·
Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I think they will continue on this path until the greens get rid of all ice cars. Doesn't matter if you can't have a EV for legitimate reasons.

Both my S5 and Land Cruiser will do less than 3000miles a year even outside of covid whereas someone buying a new car and doing 40k a year will have a much higher impact to the environment. I can't see the sense of selling up and spending 20-30k on a new car just for this reason, especially as all my car's are now paid off.

I do think this lends to the current consumer trend to lease everything over 3 years and then start again, the impact of this approach to mother earth must be horrendous, as oppose to my 16 year or diesel polluting 4x4 which is no longer trendy and much hated by the greens....

·
Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting approach by the French

Wonder how they'll get the weekly shop home on bicycles:unsure:

As said before I'm making the most of my S5 whilst I can. Few more years and it will all be gone or taxed into submission

·
Registered
573 Posts
Interesting approach by the French

Wonder how they'll get the weekly shop home on bicycles:unsure:

As said before I'm making the most of my S5 whilst I can. Few more years and it will all be gone or taxed into submission
Tony, there’s no way I’ll be parting with my RS for 2,500 euros not even when it’s a rusty old bag of bolts 😂

·
Registered
573 Posts
What about 3000 euros... I'm sure I could muster some up. Fair deal.... 🙏
Tony, you’ve got me thinking actually, not at the 3,000 euros but everything really does have a price, what would I be tempted with? That’s a question I honestly couldn’t answer right now?? It would certainly be a huge wrench being forced to give up the exhaust belching 4.2 V8.
I’m pinning my hopes on synthetic fuels as an environmentally friendly way to keep my rusty bag of bolts...FOREVER. A possibility maybe? 🤔

·
Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did see that link on synthetic fuels, could be an alternative.
I hear you about selling, not sure I would sell my S5, even if I was offered the price I paid for it two years ago, I still am getting too much fun out of it.

Due a service this week and getting the stronic oils changed. Been taking it easy for the last few weeks....

·
Registered
1 Posts
taxes... hate it. The car taxes here have been increased greatly. Not only are car taxes higher now, but income taxes too. You know what's the most funny part about working as a freelancer? It's the fact that you don't get paycheks or paystubs like other normal employees. You get your salary sent directly to your bank account. This is actually the only problem that I've ever encountered every time I did my tax. I could never prove my income. I mean there's seriously nothing to prove. So yeah... sometimes I do have to generate pay stub lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
At first, I didn't understand why I started giving more money for a Road Tax Hike in my payment receipt. So that's why... It turns out that a new law was adopted that increased the tax payment. Well, my God, how tired I am of paying more and more money to the state every year. I make a payment receipt for myself every month with the help of ThePayStubs. Every time I am surprised that, given my small salary, I have to pay big taxes! Will I really have a decent pension when I'm an old man? I don't think so. I just don't believe it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts