Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As this forum seems to be the very best for firmware and navigation, I thought I'd try here again (my last A6 I upgraded maps from here but it was MMI High on HDD).
My current car. I purchased some 2022 maps - plug and play. However not working and vendor thinks it's because I am still on original factory software.
I have 2016 maps - version 8X0919884J - P32-50-15.03. My software version is RMC-EU-P1432B.
When I search around sites say I need firmware RMC_EU_K16158 but to be cautious because this is only for head unit hardware versions 50 - 59.
I have a bluetooth FVAG scanner and scanned module 5f as advised.
It shows I have RMC Nav Plus H61 0139 - and head unit part number is 4G1035192A. An online search seems to confirm Hardware Version is 61.
I have searched for the firmware and 1 forum suggested I need RMC_EU_K16342. I downloaded RMC_EU_K16158 from here but will not try it as it may brick my head unit. (I think it may warn me it not correct but will not take the chance). A search for RMC_EU_K16342 only finds 1 post on 1 thread.

I have emailed my local dealer (50 miles away) and await a reply but not confident I'll get one.
Does anyone know if dealers sell the firmware update SD cards - and has anyone updated a head unit with hardware version H61 with new firmware?

Grateful for any help.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Seller sent me a second card with an attempted fix for plug and play but never worked and now cards on way back for refund.
No reply from my closest Audi dealer about firmware update.
No reply from Vag coding to see if they could do anything or put me in touch with local coder - so just have to make do with my 2016 maps and my Garmin with free lifetime updates!

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do not have laptop with VCP or ODIS - I have FVAG OBD2 scanner which I bought primarily for service reset and scanning for fault codes and car info - and I doubt this would do it. My location also means no real access to expert coders locally unfortunately.
I can borrow and have used Ross Tech VCDS in the past. I don't want to remove the unit and send it away either.

Thanks for the reply.

· Registered
463 Posts
I do not have laptop with VCP or ODIS - I have FVAG OBD2 scanner which I bought primarily for service reset and scanning for fault codes and car info - and I doubt this would do it. My location also means no real access to expert coders locally unfortunately.
I can borrow and have used Ross Tech VCDS in the past. I don't want to remove the unit and send it away either.

Thanks for the reply.
you can get VCP clone from AliExpress for aprox 15$ and then it can be solved. You shouldnt send back sd Cards with 2022 maps. If you are interested for solving your problem get the sd Card with map 2022 back and buy VCP clone and then get back to me.

· Registered
36 Posts
It shows I have RMC Nav Plus H61 0139 - and head unit part number is 4G1035192A. An online search seems to confirm Hardware Version is 61.
I have A1 8X with RMC4 (HW61), latest firmware on ErWin states P16342 on a pair of TPI for A1 (2043557/4 - 2043114/4). SD Part number is 8X0906961AD. Ordered on New Parts Ricambi (Italy)

Interested on activation: i have OBD11 1st gen (white).
I know that that can be done only by UART.... is there a new way (OBD-SD)???? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

· Registered
6 Posts
Can someone clarify for activation with OBD11? I don't know if the VCP clone works on newer models
you can get VCP clone from AliExpress for aprox 15$ and then it can be solved. You shouldnt send back sd Cards with 2022 maps. If you are interested for solving your problem get the sd Card with map 2022 back and buy VCP clone and then get back to me.
Can someone clarify for activation with OBD11? I don't know if the VCP clone works on newer models

1 - 8 of 8 Posts