Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup!!!

Picking up my Aruba blue A5 in an hour and I have wheels ready, but I have learned they are ET35's! Will they fit without hassle? The A5 have ET28 stock and even though it's just 7mm difference the A5 do have large brakes.

If such is they case I need to in just a few hours find new rims... and seeing it's almost christmas many stores will be closing early... and a lot don't really have ET28 rims in storage ready for delivery over disk you know.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, they fitted. Although I do wish to ask if I can somehow find spacers to put the wheels further out nearer stock ET28.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Congrats - and post photos before and after! See the S5 mod forum where they were recently discussing spacers.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Swedie,

Photos of your car asap please!

My car should be delivered to my dealer today, but as I said in another thread I'm not getting it until the New Year.

Liking the Aruba Blue colour though after I saw one round the back of the dealer waiting for delivery. Think it had Star Silver valcona leather too, which looked great, but not very practical for high miles or kids!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Been driving it a few miles now and man is this a sweet car. It's surely an executive car. Way different to my A3 2.0t quattro sline. It rides so smooth and I love the torque from the 3.0tdi engine. And the fuel economy is rockin! I'm going for a 450 mile drive this weekend and I'll get back to you on the overall experience of the car. But thus far, it's fricken awesome and I love it to bits! I hardly wanted to step out of it... just wanted to keep driving to the sun set (even though it's been dark since 3pm lol).

Only thing is that I sure would like to have some spacers to get the wheels a 1cm or 2 out from their current position. Looks a little weird as the car sits still.

The stock 19" 20 spoke wheels looks PHAT though! Dang they're sweet.

Btw, spacers really shouldn't be that hard to have made...? All that's needed is a solid piece of circular metal on top of the wheel hub or the back of the rim.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts