Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
Just a bit of advice. I've not long bought a 2007 3.0tdi quattro sport and after looking at the rear end found the drop links need replacing, but I noticed the right rear wheel gap between the tyre and sill is around 3cm different from the left? The car drives fine and no abnormal tyre wear? I know you got alignment toe and camber but could this be another bush or arm I might not be aware of?
There's no accident damage or anything?
I looked and couldn't see any bushes gone but thought I'd ask you guys for advice.

Tia

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
3cm, is quite a difference! Usually indicates accident damage. Alignment/bushes can make the wheels sit slightly differently but some mm, but not 30mm!

You have checked the tyres are the same? Did you measure from the outside of the tyre or the rim?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. To answer a few questions, yeah checked the tyres all the same size. No accident damage. I think I'll have to go a little further and measure a lot better because I'm only using my eye at the mo. I'll post some pics and measure more.

I see I'm able to change bushes and arms and possibly the rear frame so worse case I'll have to do that.

The strange thing is that it drives fine and no abnormal tyre wear?

Watch this space and I'll update you guys.

Thanks ya'll :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts