Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, people, do you really think that the Rieger kit was ugly? I mean, there is already a conscensus that it is ugly? The official Rieger pics make the car look pretty awesome.. I'm kinda surprised that Rieger isn't named the best kit for the S5.. I don't know, just my honest opinion..

I'll get everybody's opinion, but for those unbiased opinions, is it bad enough to be termed, "hideous"??

Texastate

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Absolutely hideous IMHO.

RG

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
RG I Agree,

I just really dont like anything about it, the front bits of plastic under then fog grill areas are really bad and cheap looking, same goes for the rest of it to be honest.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RG I Agree,

I just really dont like anything about it, the front bits of plastic under then fog grill areas are really bad and cheap looking, same goes for the rest of it to be honest.
Interesting.. Well, maybe this car will never be able to have a body kit due to the fact that it is already gorgous... ?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Don't listen to RG. They don't like anything other than stock! :D:D

·
Registered
479 Posts
IMO the best looking kit out there is the ABT or PPI.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actualy I was thinking the same thing about the PPI.. It has really caught my eye, but I'll wait till later to do it with the hope that somebody else might be the pioneer and guinea pig....

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Don't listen to RG. They don't like anything other than stock! :D:D
It's nothing to do with that!:rolleyes: More a question of good taste!!!:D:D and proper spelling!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Reiger... Reiger

Fine... REIGER.....

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
and Gorgeous!!

(Car still looks Naff NAff IMHO)

RG

·
Registered
549 Posts
I can't totally dismiss the Rieger kit until I see it in a more conservative application. IMO it looks quite extreme in white and hideous in orange but haven't seen on a black, grey or silver car yet.

There are some elements that I think are good, like the rear valence with mesh, but then spoilt by the horrible lip just above it.

The front spoiler looks a bit too 'stick on' IMO but again, haven't seen it on a darker colour to totally write it off.

IMHO the ABT front bumper/spoiler is the best if you leave out their grille. I'm still trying to figure out how my Caractere grill will look with the ABT bumper?

IMHO Ess5ive's Caractere boot lip spoiler looks great:

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthre...er-4329/index.html?t=4329&highlight=caractere

and so does TX's rear valence concept.

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5707&highlight=rear+valence

Just my opinion, each to his own.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Rieger=Nay, I thought It looked cool when I saw professional pics on their website. Then I saw the real life shots...

·
Registered
432 Posts
It's nothing to do with that!:rolleyes: More a question of good taste!!!:D:D and proper spelling!
Proper spelling or proper english? I don't know where I messed up. Also, I have no idea if you are male or female, so I could not use he/she. :confused:

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I think he was pulling you up on 'gorgous' Ranger. It's really quite ok to ignore him tho', RG's sometimes of the impression that he's (I assume you're a 'he' RG? - not a 'she' - or a 'he/she'?) just a teensy-weensy bit better than the rest of us, don't you RG? ;)

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I think he was pulling you up on 'gorgous' Ranger. It's really quite ok to ignore him tho', RG's sometimes of the impression that he's (I assume you're a 'he' RG? - not a 'she' - or a 'he/she'?) just a teensy-weensy bit better than the rest of us, don't you RG? ;)
Far from it Ess5ive! Just an opinion!:D:D I don't have that sublime V8 to listen too (yet!) Apologies Ranger maybe I was a little sharp with my comment but I really think it looks horrid!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
er 'nay' what was the question ?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I like the idea of deeper front valance, although will be a pain with speed-bumps! ...The Reiger is quite conservative here, so it's not an ugly front valance but I'm not sure about the quality and finish of the reiger though.

The rest is overwhelmingly Fugly though. (couldn't find a smiley that was vomiting to illustrate)

...overall, an absolute and emphatic 'Nay' to the reiger.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I like the idea of deeper front valance, although will be a pain with speed-bumps! ...The Reiger is quite conservative here, so it's not an ugly front valance but I'm not sure about the quality and finish of the reiger though.

The rest is overwhelmingly Fugly though. (couldn't find a smiley that was vomiting to illustrate)

...overall, an absolute and emphatic 'Nay' to the reiger.

Cool, at least you let your yay be yay and your nay be nay (translation: Yes or No)

:p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts