Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've just ordered this rear window spoiler for my forthcoming A5:

http://www.bodykitsuk.com/en/products/audi/a5/spoilers/rieger-rear-window-spoiler.html

My question to you people out there is:

1. Has anyone fitted one of these before and what's your experience with them, good fit, quality etc?

2. I've heard that there's not much visibility out of the back window of an A5 as standard and as this spoiler sticks onto the top of the rear window there's going to be even less in mine! Does anyone see this as being a real problem for me?

Thanks in advance! :D

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
I think I quite like it. I assume it's just an adhesive strip it's attached with?

I don't see it as being a problem. It doesn't look that large anyway that it will obscue a lot of your vision.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it'll be attached via some sort of bonding mixture I think. I used to have one on an old BMW AC Shnitzer car I used to own and I loved it on that so was well chuffed when I saw they did one for an A5! :D

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Just don't take the car into an automatic car wash ! Be interested to see the pics when its fitted. Its very subtle but I quite like it.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Hmmm... interested in seeing pics of the whole car...

I don't expect there to be much difference in visibility... it looks like it's about 1 and 3/4 inches wide, so placed at that angle should only obscure anout 1/2 an inch of the window from the driver viewing angle I guess.

...Wait 'til Ess5ive sees this... he's just gotta have bits to stick on his car! Hey Ess? ;)

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Funny you should say that.......;)

Have a similar panel (from Novitec) fitted on the GT - makes me look so hot! Also, didn't obsure vision one bit as, with I believe the S5, it only effectively covers the end of the headlining and obviously doesn't obscure the high-level brake light. Shouldn't even be able to notice it in the rear view.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I´m liking that a bit too :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Looking good - I ordered one only last week and should be with me next week. It is to be fotted via a adhesive strip - you would not want to use any bonding material on your glass.

The angle will mean whilst it will look significantly different inside looking out you will not see much of the spoiler to be honest - so will not impact on visibility much at all.

I have not got my car yet but am expecting next week (fingers crossed - so will post pics of completed items)

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Rieger Window Spoiler is stuck on with adhesive. Sikaflex 552 Adhesive is supplied with the fitting kit, all Rieger Window Spoilers are fitted this way.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Billy,
can You please attach some pics when fit that spoiler, I quiet like it but wanna see hows looks finally with whole car pics, and hows was to fit it and paint it ?

thx
rino

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Rino,

I think you're better off asking ABZY as I'm not getting my car until June and I think he's getting his this week?

Cheers

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi

I get my car on Friday, and will be a week or 2 before i get the spoiler fitted - but will before and after pics on here - if i can stop driving it:D :D :D

·
Registered
184 Posts
Any advise on installing?

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just take it to a body shop and they'll use a bonding glue to stick it down. The part comes with some stuff but to be honest I don't think it's that strong so went with the body shops reccomendation.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
pics please?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts