Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Just having second thoughts about having this kit fitted. My white a5 is being built this week and im expecting delivery in july but am not taking the car until september when the new uk reg plate is out (unbeleavable self control!!) Its a 1.8t so im looking to change the exhaust into a quad stlye. Ive already purchased a full rieger body kit including the window spoier, but im now having second thoughts :-(. What are peoples opinions on this? i know its not to everyones taste, but is there other people like me that this looks good ?
grant

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Welcome grantshel,

Have to say your must be a very patient man, to hold off 2 months extra!

Personally I dont like the Rieger kit, to me it all looks like random chunks of plastic have been just slapped onto the car which kind of ruin the stunning lines of the car. But then i have never really been a fan of any body kits on any cars. Although i am seriously considering the ABT rear valance/exhaust with the remap and maybe the remap+turbo job which has a very appealing 240Hp.

Out of interest what specs did you go for? Planning on anything else other than the Rieger kit?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went for a standard 1.8tfsi sport with the bang and ofsten upgrade. i have a set of chrome mirror covers to fit and the body kit. I also didnt like the sport wheels so have purchased a set of 19inch r8 wheels. i was going to go for the s5 but couldnt warrant the decrease in fuel economy for the extra £20,000 lol and thought i would make it my own with a few grands worth of extras myself. Can the 1.8 be remapped now? i ask a few people and was told no. i spoke to a guy from MILLTEK exahuasts this week and was told they wil be working on a system this week so fingers crossed.
grant

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I don't personally like the Reiger skirts (I went for the S5 stone guards) but I do have the Reiger rear window roof spolier and I think it looks fantastic! :D It's only subtle but it makes the Car look a lot more sporty, that's mine and friends opinion anyway! As with all these things, it's down to personal preference at the end of the day! ;)

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
ABT are releasing a turbo upgrade and remap which goes up too 240hp and 310nm. There is no pricing yet but was told 07/08 would be announced.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Hi all. Just having second thoughts about having this kit fitted. My white a5 is being built this week and im expecting delivery in july but am not taking the car until september when the new uk reg plate is out (unbeleavable self control!!) Its a 1.8t so im looking to change the exhaust into a quad stlye. Ive already purchased a full rieger body kit including the window spoier, but im now having second thoughts :-(. What are peoples opinions on this? i know its not to everyones taste, but is there other people like me that this looks good ?
grant
Are you kidding? :confused:HAve you thought about changing the order to a 2.0TFsi ? Sorry if my views offend but I fear that you will be wasting your money Grant.:(

TT
RG

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are you kidding? :confused:HAve you thought about changing the order to a 2.0TFsi ? Sorry if my views offend but I fear that you will be wasting your money Grant.:(

TT
RG
Can i ask why you feel i would be wasting my money? Are you saying that the 1.8tfsi isnt a good engine?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
the new 2.0tfsi got released on may 31st
more economical
less co2
4wd
210hp
350nm

says it all

I am guessing this will easily remap to nearer 300hp, and have crazy amounts of torque for the size of its engine. more than 300hp will be easy with this engine.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the new 2.0tfsi got released on may 31st
more economical
less co2
4wd
210hp
350nm

says it all

I am guessing this will easily remap to nearer 300hp, and have crazy amounts of torque for the size of its engine. more than 300hp will be easy with this engine.
My car was ordered mid may thats probably why it wasnt mentioned. Do people think that this will affect resale value in say 2 years time? ( the time i normally keep cars). And the new option according to an internet search is around £1800 more than a 1.8 so do you think it would be worth changing to the 2.0 tfsi , apart from the less co2?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
from what your planning todo to the car i would say its definetly worth it. I cant really say about the resale as i dont know much about it, but my opinion is that the 2.0tfsi is a lot better in terms of performance, and econemy id say it may hurt the resale of the 1.8 yes

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What to do??? do i spend the extra £2000 ish on the 2.0 tfsi, probably delay the car delivery date to past september or do i go for the remapping with the turbo when it arrives which would give i assume around the same perfomance and could possibly be less cost??

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
just a quick thought, will the rieger kit fit the 2.0 ? does it have the left sided exhaust or one each side?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
No problem mate, i dont think the delay will be that much, as some people who ordered a month ago when it was released are getting very early delivery times possibly before september, i cant remember, it depends how popular it has been. there hasnt been an influx of 2.0tfsi people signing up here so you might get lucky.

·
Registered
714 Posts
2.0T would be a much better choice than throwing random chunks of plastic all over a 1.8 ... unless you're after the "individual" look.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i wouldnt exactly call them random but thanks for the input. like i said to start, the kit wont be to every ones taste:) .

1 - 20 of 33 Posts