Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys again.
As i told in a previous thread, i have ordered my A5 with 20" Wheels and S-Line Sport Suspension.
Has anyone tried that combo (or any similar)?
What about the ride? Is it too hard? Outside noise into the cabin? Road bumps and harsh surfaces?
Should have i gone for 19" and Sport Suspension (Not the S-Line that is stiffer)?
I like sport driving, but i wouldnt like to get tired when i want a luxury trip.

Thanx,
Mike

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Don't have an S-Line but in my S5 there is a difference moving from 19s to 20s not much but you can tell. Over normal surfaces you won't notice a difference but it you hit pot holes you will. I tend to drive around pot holes so it's not really an issue.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Before I bought my S5 I was going to buy an A5 S-Line. I was told by my dealership that you couldn't have 20" wheels with an S-Line suspension due to the lowering. It seems a of of other forum members have been told the same thing. I think it would be a good idea to check with your dealership to make sure he has got it right.

See this thread for more details http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/a5-s-line-4872/index3.html?highlight=suspension

And yes, the one I took out with 20" wheels and Sports suspension was a very stiff ride. Too stiff for me. The S-Line suspension is stiffer and lower than the Sport one so I expect it to be harsher.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The S-line and the S5 have the same set up. Most of the people with 20's have dropped it lower. I'm sure it is a little rougher but it looks good. There is one guy with a white S-line that has the color matching 20's with a 1.3" drop... which really equates to a little over a 1" drop from the already 10mm lowered S-line/S5 set up.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have the 20" + S-line lowering / suspension. Although it is significantly bumpier and louder than the 18" winter wheels that I have, it is not as bad as you would think, and the looks definitely make up for it... Most people seeing the car have said that the wheels are the single most impressive feature.

I would go for this setup again any time... Hope it helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts