Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the risk of appearing a complete klutz, I thought I'd post some observations about ride quality. When I first drove my A5 sport I noticed an appreciable improvement in the ride compared to my previous A4 sport, even with the 18" wheels compared to the 15" on the old car. Over the past few days however, I have been aware of a demise in the quality of the ride. Then I remembered that on a trip last week I fiddled with the seat settings. As a result I had lowered the seat almost to its lowest setting (pump lever at side - no electric fangled gadgets here). Likewise, I had done the same on the passenger side mainly to accommodate my son on his inaugural trip to Uni. Well it's probably obvious to most people with half a brain but when you lower the seats you loose a lot of shock absorbing capacity. I have only just come to realise what a huge difference this makes. So for a comfy ride, but sporty handling, keep the seat pumped up is the message. Sorry to state the bl*****g obvious but this may save some similar dunderheads out there from making the same mistake as I did. Shame about people with long bodies though:p

·
Registered
171 Posts
Maybe that's causing my "judder"?! LOL... will have to try raising the seat off it's bump stops - although I have electric seats so maybe the same rules don't apply.

Will try at lunch!

·
Registered
636 Posts
At the risk of appearing a complete klutz, I thought I'd post some observations about ride quality. When I first drove my A5 sport I noticed an appreciable improvement in the ride compared to my previous A4 sport, even with the 18" wheels compared to the 15" on the old car. Over the past few days however, I have been aware of a demise in the quality of the ride. Then I remembered that on a trip last week I fiddled with the seat settings. As a result I had lowered the seat almost to its lowest setting (pump lever at side - no electric fangled gadgets here). Likewise, I had done the same on the passenger side mainly to accommodate my son on his inaugural trip to Uni. Well it's probably obvious to most people with half a brain but when you lower the seats you loose a lot of shock absorbing capacity. I have only just come to realise what a huge difference this makes. So for a comfy ride, but sporty handling, keep the seat pumped up is the message. Sorry to state the bl*****g obvious but this may save some similar dunderheads out there from making the same mistake as I did. Shame about people with long bodies though
I just tried moving the seat up a little and your right, it does make a difference, but when your 6'3" you need the seat all the way down or you scrape your head on the roof.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At last; good reason to be a short-a**e:) Sorry Jock, you will just have to undergo radical surgery!!!! I am beginning to understand why Clarkson and Hamster so often disagree on the ride quality of the cars that they are testing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts