Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've had my Revo supercharger pulley on my S5 b8 (2011) for a few months now but when I was under the bonnet today I noticed the pulley looked as though it wasn't seated properly. The belt sits fine and runs smooth but it just looks odd to me.
Would anyone with a Revo Stage 1+ supercharger pulley mind grabbing a photo for me please so I can check?

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Looks fine to me. Why do you think it looks funny?

You'll probably find not many fit the SC pulley as most change just the crank pulley and what is available now, the ratio can get to the limit 3.2:1 by crank alone :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Dave, I thought the pulley looked like it wasn't fully seated but it's still on, so can't be wrong.
Yeah I wish had read more about stage 2 as I would have gone MRC and got their stage 2 with crank pulley...but I'm stuck with the SC pulley now.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Best way to check is to start the engine and then carefully touch with your fingernail the pulley to feel if there is any run-out or wobble, might be able to see this if there is any wobble rather than touching.

And as I said be careful and don't go sticking your finger in the belt path! :D Touch the right hand side as it will turn clockwise :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts