Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Is it possible to have seat memory retrofitted to the A5?, I've got electric seats, but as I don't have seat memory the passengers wing mirror doesn't "Dip" when in reverse (such a pain:( )

Thanks

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Hi,

Is it possible to have seat memory retrofitted to the A5?, I've got electric seats, but as I don't have seat memory the passengers wing mirror doesn't "Dip" when in reverse (such a pain:( )

Thanks
Probably a question to ask your dealer as one of the main things that would need changing is the button cluster on the drivers side door and if they can change that part, as the rest is most likely already set-up in the MMI but its just not active - but this is just my guess.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The reply from the dealer was no!

But, I seem to recall the same reply regarding retrofitting cruise control on TT's etc...

Working for OEM's in the past, I know that most vehicle's architecture are set up to enable most vehicles to be upgraded with ease, so I'm not 100% convinced its a no.

Any idea's......

·
Registered
442 Posts
Sure it's possible, but the problem is the cost (maybe not for you) and the mechanic able to make it to your car...

Here in Spain there are some companies that may do that...

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I think there is more to seat memory than just the button cluster in the door. With the seat memory, the driver's seat looses the storage pack compartment, which would suggest a control box is installed under the seat/in the seat in place of the small storage box that is under the drivers seat (in the storage pack in Europe at least).

I'm sure it can be done, but it will probably require wiring here and there and several components - and the question is who will do it and at what cost. Hopefully the actual seat isn't different when memory is included (requiring changing of entire seat), if that is the case then it is going to be a very expensive upgrade.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Had a bit of a thought about this. I know that the seat memory puts some controls on the drivers door but does it also put some extra memu options in the computer where the seat symmetry stuff is? If it does then surely this could be switched on with a VAG-COM mod. After all, the sensors and logic to know where these seats are must exists for the seat symmetry stuff.

Wouldn't be as good as factory fitted memory seats but may be a half way option.

Can someone with memory seats say if you do get an computer options to control them?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Can someone with memory seats say if you do get an computer options to control them?
No, there aren't options on the MMI to make individual adjustments to the driver and passenger seats.

·
Registered
106 Posts
There seems to be a difference of opinion Geoffrey - we have the 2/1 shot of "no" from side and the other 2/1 shot of "yes" from the other!!

Any advance on this. Maybe th difference is between full big round knob MMI and small dash mounted MMI.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
No, there aren't options on the MMI to make individual adjustments to the driver and passenger seats.
He may be referring to the function that allows you to align the driver and passenger seat symmetry.

·
Registered
750 Posts
that's what I was thinking.

·
Registered
442 Posts
What is true is that in A5 with seat memory there is an small ECU under the driver's seat that control ando memorise the position os the seat.
It's sure to be possible to install it as a retrofit, but the problem is to put the cable to the door cluster because it's a difficult thing to do...

Maybe the point would be to retrofit the ECU under driver's seat and later try another way better to control it that the door switches...

Anyway It's too difficult to try on your own without electronic knowledge...

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I have looked at ETKA and ECU modul is the same if there is memory or not, and there is no additional memory modul. In my opinion it is just coding game.

If there is somebody who has memory seats and is able to post long coding for memory seat ECU, and has VAG-COM of course, that would be fine.
I can test it and we will see.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I have looked at ETKA and ECU modul is the same if there is memory or not, and there is no additional memory modul. In my opinion it is just coding game.

If there is somebody who has memory seats and is able to post long coding for memory seat ECU, and has VAG-COM of course, that would be fine.
I can test it and we will see.
Hi C99,

You should update your location so we know where you are from, the car varies a great deal from location to location.

I missed the original 2nd part of the question (about the passenger mirror-tilt feature)... You have to turn your mirror adjust knob to the passenger setting side for that tilt feature to work.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts