Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 A5 3.2l Prestige with the backup camera and distance sensors already installed, and after scratching the front bumper more than once and generally just being terrible at parking, I think I need front sensors. After doing a bit of digging Im fairly sure there were 2 options as far as parking systems from the factory came: APS advanced (which is the one I think I have), with the backup camera and rear distance sensors but nothing for the front, and then there is the APS+, with 4 parking sensors on both the front and rear of the car but no camera. I was looking at a retrofit kit offered by Kufatec but was curious if there was any other options that allowed me to retain my backup camera while having the front sensors.

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
I would think that this should be no problem as long as the two systems are not interconnected. The front ones just beep and the rear ones use the cam.

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
Ok so forget the MMI for a moment and just fit some simple sensors with an audio beep, Cheap and cheerful and easy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts