Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post guys so go easy.

Bought a used '08 plate A5, it has 2G High MMI sat nav, B&O stereo and 6 disc changer, but no AMI or aux I put and it's driving me up the wall.

Anyone know of an alternative other than spending £400+ on the AMI box? I heard you can disconnect the CD changer and use that input for a phono to 3.5mm cable.

Any suggestions much appreciated

JB

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought 2 worked out at 75 each after taxes and delivery. I still have one left un-used if you want ii at cost .
Hi mate, thanks for the offer. Unfortunately the m after either aux or ami input for use with an Apple CarPlay system. I imagine that aliexpress item would only play sound whilst the cd changer is selected.

have been trying to figure out what part number I need to fit to mine - found 4E0057785F for an A6, don’t think it’ll fit in my 2008 A5 coupe though

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think this would be suitable for my A5 (Think i'd need to change the glovebox to one with the slot for it too) - anyone able to confirm?

And anyone know which cables I'd need to find too?

Just looking to get either AMI or Aux-in so I can get a CarPlay device (so I guess it doesn't technically need to fit in the glovebox correctly, could just be stuffed behind...)

Or I also found this, says for A5 - and part number begins 8T, which is the A5 code I believe...)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts