Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not have AMI on my A5, which is very unfortunate. :(

Is it possible to retrofit this now that the 09s seem to have it as a standalone option? On a sidenote, I have Satnav.

Thanks for any insights on this!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks TXcarguy for the links. I had already seen those and couldnt find an answer in respect to the 09s, in which AMI appears to be a standalone option.

So the question remains..

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm sure it'll be possible if your pockets are deep enough!
..probably a pricey little glove box module from the Audi spares department.

Alternatively, you'll be able to go down the Denison route as TX linked to.

..or just be happy with the Aux in on the '09!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hi Mikael,

I just realised from the electric seats thread that you already have your car.

I think it's safe to say that you have an '08 car as the model year hasn't changed yet!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Oh I'm sure it can be retrofitted, Audi dealers have been retrofitting the older MOST-based AMI to MMI/DVD navi cars since inception. AMI and navi for MMI High cars have been two things Audi has been open to retrofitting, unlike some other harder retrofits... The new AMI is probably just a new box in the glove compartment and some wiring to power and radio.

The biggest question in my mind has the radio changed with the 2009 model-year to support the new non-MOST/"stand-alone" AMI. If so, is it physically different or just different software (can older be updated to support it?). If the radio requires changing or software update then things get a bit more pricier or complex, but I'm sure still doable as long as the parts are available and you find someone capable and willing to do it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys for all info! I will go and ask the dealer again then. I previously got no for an answer but it seems they may have been wrong.

..oh and yes I have a -08. Why I was asking about the -09s is that since I got a "no" from the dealer, I just thought that things might change with the 09's and that that may be true for my 08 also, when the 09s are coming..

Thanks for all help!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Kufatec.de sell it for 599 EUR, or you can buy parts from Audi, the price is the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts