Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read lots of threads where you guys who changed exhaust write what a good sound you've got and that's it. And I wonder is there any increase in power or is this just question of sound?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I have the Milltek... Most noticeable is the sound which is great, an my reason for purchase, however the car pulls better at higher revs all the way to the limiter, which I hit too often!

...This is normal for high quality exhausts that are free-flowing, due to reduced back pressure. Most see 2-3% power increase. SOME may see a reduction in low-end torque too! However, they do have to be well made, as the tuned length to the collector and the position and type of crossover (if employed) is critical for performance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. As I thought the power increase exists but it's not as noticeable as the sound change. So may be that is the reason you don't mention it...

·
Registered
750 Posts
But boy the Millteks sound good; sizzle has Millteks with no resonator and it sounds evil (evil-good). I like his sound so much that I have to get them for ,y S5.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
But boy the Millteks sound good; sizzle has Millteks with no resonator and it sounds evil (evil-good). I like his sound so much that I have to get them for ,y S5.
So you pulled the trigger?
Have you decided what mods you're going to do and in what order yet????

·
Registered
750 Posts
The car will be ready for pickup on Firday, I am having it shipped by InterCity Lines. In order of modification:
1. Wheels (??)/Suspension (H&R coilovers)
2. Millteks (non-res)
3. ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.