Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
First post - long time visitor.
I placed an order 1/17/08 for a 2008 S5 DSB, black with silver alacantra inserts, Tech, Nav with B&O. Checking monthly with the dealer for allocations and 3rd week of April I was told by my dealer the car would be a 2009 and I had to resubmit my order. I was so despondent I didn't ask many questions. He told me I was his first order for an S5 and the first one he was getting was mine all mine. He said he only got one A5 and lasted a whole 5 hours on the lot. Do you think he's pulling my chain with the re-order and is it possible Aoa wouldn't give at least one S5 to every dealer?
P.S. - I am extremely jealous of all who have their chariots already. I was hoping to be cruising along the beaches this summer -- hope I can get it before the end of the summer.

·
Registered
39 Posts
When I picked mine up, the dealer did tell me how lucky I was because other customers who did not get a buiild date for an 08 were not automatcally flipped to an 09 because of a change in price for the car and some options, they were required to go through the order process again. On the bright side he said that he was told that their would be more 09 allocations than there were 08's. Don't be mad when you see me cruising the beache at the shore this summer :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
What price increase for 2009?

I've been told by 3 Audi dealers that there is NO price increase from 2008 to 2009. Also, there are NO options changes either - you can confirm this elsewhere on this site as the 2009 order guide is posted. Only option additions; Select Drive.

I think your dealer is pulling your chain as every dealer I know is rolling 2008 unfilled orders to 2009. Think about it, why would a dealer pull your 2008 order out of que and have you fill out a 2009? Does this mean you start from scratch - bottom of the list?

Check other dealers, I think you will confirm what I'm heard.

Best of luck to you....

GTL

·
Registered
60 Posts
I placed an order in Nov 2007 for the S5 man and after few infrequent status update requests I was finally told (this AM) that I am the first person on the list for the next allocation (2009 model) - which might happen in May. Getting on the list (in Nov) was not an order. While the dealer asked me for the CC number they actually did not collect any money. The actuall order (including the deposit) will happen when the rig is allocated and I decide to go for it. The order is not commiting and my deposit can be returned at any time. I guess after the order takes place the car arrives in ~ 3 months. Looking forward to that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, that happened to me

Ordered the S5 January 19th. Sometime in mid-April, I was told that my original order was..canceled.

Frankly, I was upset (fill in what ever term you want). Went to the dealer a couple of days later they gave me a new comission number and a copy of my order.

The trick here is that they told me August or September delivery. I have always trusted this dealer to be honest, I think that either AoA or Audi is jerking many people around. The dollar aint what it used to be.....and there is much less profit in the US than elsewhere in the world.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chairman, Thanks for your reply -- I'm not the only one with that story and I guess that's a little encouraging!? We'll just continue waiting like pissboys before the king until the blessed event (allocation) happens.

·
Registered
42 Posts
njdoc - I didn't place my order until March, after the dealer knew he wasn't getting any more 2008's in, but he placed it as a 2008 order anyway, so I wouldn't lose my place in line. Within the next month, the sales manager let me know he automatically converted it to a 2009 for me. My commission number remained the same. The only change he had to make was to delete the Audi Side Assist, since thats now automatically included in the tech package. Unfortunately, I'm still number 2 in line.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts