Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

totally new here, tried to search this up but getting conflicting information...

Looking to swap the mirror caps on my 2018 Audi A5 coupe. I searched the forums and some people seem to indicate you need to remove the mirror, remove the screws, and then pop off the cap. However, some others say you can just pop it off.

Looking at images of the mirror cap it seems like there are no screw holes so I feel like those screws do not serve a purpose with regards to the mirror cap.

has anyone done this and can they advise?

Thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hey Guys

totally new here, tried to search this up but getting conflicting information...

Looking to swap the mirror caps on my 2018 Audi A5 coupe. I searched the forums and some people seem to indicate you need to remove the mirror, remove the screws, and then pop off the cap. However, some others say you can just pop it off.

Looking at images of the mirror cap it seems like there are no screw holes so I feel like those screws do not serve a purpose with regards to the mirror cap.

has anyone done this and can they advise?

Thanks
There maybe screws, just pry the glass off with a plastic trim removal tool as such like and have a look. On my b8 its held on with one tiny screw which you cant see until you remove the glass and then there's 2 clips. Not worth breaking the casing for the sake of taking the glass out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.