Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

She has finally arrived and am truly blown away by how beautiful this car is:)

I previously owned a Lexus IS250 Sport which had a quality of interior that I thought could never be beaten - needless to say the Audi has knocked the Lexus out on that score and many other aspects.

Only disappointment is the fact that they have left the A5 badge in place which I asked to be removed along with the engine designation - as a result the rear now looks a little unbalanced.

Can anyone advise if I can safely remove it without damaging paintwork?

Your replies will be much appreciated - that way I can have an excuse to go take another look at her:running:

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Hi all

I previously owned a Lexus IS250 Sport which had a quality of interior that I thought could never be beaten - needless to say the Audi has knocked the Lexus out on that score and many other aspects.

Only disappointment is the fact that they have left the A5 badge in place which I asked to be removed along with the engine designation - as a result the rear now looks a little unbalanced.

Your replies will be much appreciated - that way I can have an excuse to go take another look at her:running:

Easiest way is to use tar and glue remover. This is a solvent that is made for taking off tar etc. from the paintwork. If you apply some around the badge with a clean cloth and leave for a while, then do the same at least one more time this will soften the adhesive holding the badge on and allow you to gently pull it off. Once off, clean any remaining adhesive off with the same stuff, then apply a good quality polish to the area....viola!!! Yes, I have de-badged before!

·
Premium Member
388 Posts

Yes, you can remove badges without damage (the 4.2 badges were the first to go for me!).

1) Warm the badge and the area with hair dryer. Nice and warm... not hot
2) Dental floss. Wrap a few lengths of it together for strength, then dig in behind the badges and saw away. Should be very easy (even if you do not have a hair dryer). Peel away the remaining bits of tape with your fingernails (or tweezers).
3) Xylene or adhesive remover to get the goo off. In the U.S., we have "Goof Off," a popular xylene-based adhesive solution.
4) Wax or polish to bring the lustre back up to perfect.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
got any pics of your new s-line.. I have ordered the same spec. Brilliant red, etc

·
Registered
1,468 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
got any pics of your new s-line.. I have ordered the same spec. Brilliant red, etc
Will attempt to get some pics up over the weekend - I know Brilliant Red isn't the most popular of choices on the forum but I really do think that it suits the car and is rarer than the norm, ie silvers and blacks

·
Registered
714 Posts
I love the A5 in red. I take it you knew that with an S-line you could have had Misano Red?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I love the A5 in red. I take it you knew that with an S-line you could have had Misano Red?
Yep, I knew about Misano but couldn't justify the extra outlay - I was aleady "maxed out" - according to the Mrs:no:

·
Premium Member
388 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi all

I used a hair dryer, which heats up the glue and it came off fairly easily, do not use any type of wedging, take your time and do it slowly, it will start to move , take you time and use a bit of turtle wax after, nice job.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts