Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 A5 cabriolet, stage 1, remote start, 15% tint, 280hp
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a complete plug and play remote start solution for my a5 coupe. no wire cut. 20 minute install versus 8 hour manual on my a4. i hit a deer, so now i have an a5 convertible. good for me. question here is, where is the bcm so i can use my remote start, as all connections are there. unplug car, put remote start inline, and it jsut works from the fob, of the gps interface i also got. so, just wondering, 2014 a5 cabriolet, where is my bcu?? 12volt.solutions if anyone wnats one. a bit pricey, but well worth it, if you haver even done your own install.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you have your system installed and operational in your previous coupe? I ask because the units are programmed to a specific vehicle's data communications system during the installation process. If you had used a spare key installed with the system to transmit the immobilizer signal, then you should be able to remove the key from the box used in your coupe and replace it with an extra key for your current convertible (and yes, it will need to remain there permanently or your car will not remote start).

Other than that, the connections and locations should be the same between the two as well as the programming if you have already flashed it for your other car (assuming both are the same platform, ie. both push button start or both keyport, and automatic transmission). Your VESCM module is located under the driver side dash, this is where the majority of the connections should be made.

If the system did not require a key in your coupe, then you will have to have it re-flashed and reprogrammed for your convertible's unique immobilizer signal for it to operate the remote starter. Otherwise, when you initiate remote start the car will give a "key not detected" fault and will not proceed (or worse). I can try to clarify more if any of this is confusing. Best of luck!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it is a 3rd party proven unit. yeah, it worked fine in the other with a spare key. i did my a4, other a5 coupe, and now this one. it is a plug and play system, no car changes. i just need to find the bcm1 to plug it into. the location ARE NOT THE SAME on the coupe and cabriolet, from what i see. VESCM ? the coupe connected to the bcm, in the pass side trunk. this would be the same connections, just don't know where the cabriolet bcm is located. I have done tons of remote starts, and understand all of that part. a location, is what I need. car programming DOES NOT happen with these units. i just need to locate the bcm, that has everything plugged into it, to place it inline, then in 20 min it works fine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it will be functional next week after 2nd stage key program. this a5 needed it, last just needed a keybox. but back remote starting soon. it is a simple start forward, 15 minute install, after locating the bcu unit. no reflash, no vag, none of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.