Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made an enquiry this week regarding 1.8t remapping, below is the reply i got. I also contacted Adam and was told he will have this fitted to a a5 in approx 1 week . Whats peoples opinion?

....................................................................................................
Thank you for your remap enquiry Grant.

I have contacted Pogea Racing and we can offer a remap for your
Audi A5 1.8T FSI .

This system is a bit special as it fits under the bonnet and can be removed easily to restore factory performance, it has its own in-built processor to communicate with the management system.

It will work on any 1.8T FSI A5 (hence you can take it out and sell it on), and the remap software is written by Pogea Racing and added to the hardware.

These units take around 2 to 3 weeks to be delivered.

STAGE 2 :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The performance increases are as follows:

- Pogea Racing advise from 30bhp to 50 + increase over standard
- Pogea Racing advise from 60Nm + increase over standard

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note:
The value of hp and Nm on our website is a German standard DIN707000 or EWG 80/1269
measured on the WHEEL. The Power was measured on a car that reached 100% standard
power on the Pogea Racing dyno in Germany.

All the power outputs quoted are not guaranteed, they are measured results that can change depending on different conditions of the car.

STAGE 2: Total Cost: £ 730.00 +vat

I hope the enclosed information is of some help & interest to you, please feel free to contact me on 0845 2000 283 should you wish to book your vehicle in.

Adam Bestwick.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Shelltell, looks like we spoke with the same people and got slightly different emails, I phoned them up aswell, they seemed suprememly confident in this thing, but not knowing a great deal about the thing I was little cautious.

Thank you for your remap enquiry Robert.

I have contacted Pogea Racing and we can offer a remap for your
Audi A5 1.8T FSI

This system is a bit special as it fits under the bonnet and can be removed easily to restore factory performance, it has its own in-built processor to communicate with the management system.

It will work on any 1.8T FSI A5, and the remap software is written by Pogea Racing and added to the hardware.

These units take around 2 to 3 weeks to be delivered.

STAGE 1:

The performance increases are as follows:

- Pogea Racing advise around 30bhp + increase over standard
- Pogea Racing advise around 60Nm + increase over standard

Please note:
The value of hp and Nm on our website is a German standard DIN707000 or EWG 80/1269
measured on the WHEEL. The Power was measured on a car that reached 100% standard
power on the Pogea Racing dyno in Germany.

All the power outputs quoted are not guaranteed, they are measured results that can change depending on different conditions of the car.

STAGE 1: Total Cost: £ 750.00 +vat
Its a bit odd how they have changed the price of the box, and now calling it Stage 2, although I did enquire about 3/4weeks ago.

And Graham, you never told me this when I spoke to you on the phone!!! :( Could have gone down with Deano.

SANSPEED are pleased to offer remaps for the A5 TFSI engines.

Please contact us to be the first!

FREE to the first customer
Anyway too late now Im away on business untill the end of the month. :(

·
Registered
821 Posts
Shelltell, looks like we spoke with the same people and got slightly different emails, I phoned them up aswell, they seemed suprememly confident in this thing, but not knowing a great deal about the thing I was little cautious.

Its a bit odd how they have changed the price of the box, and now calling it Stage 2, although I did enquire about 3/4weeks ago.

And Graham, you never told me this when I spoke to you on the phone!!! :( Could have gone down with Deano.

Anyway too late now Im away on business untill the end of the month. :(
Ohhh Nooooooo - bit of confusion here then !!!!!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Already booked in for the remap tomorrow. Will post any results i have asap :)
I bet your excited then ??

Look forward to hearing the results :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sounds like adult-male-cow-faeces to me.

How can a remap 'fit under the bonnet'? It's a friggin change in parameters there should be no phyisical unit. Sounds like a chip to me, if it is I wouldn't/won't touch it. I'm told the ECU Audi used on this A5 can't be 'hacked' yet, I dunno. More info please.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I think you will find the First Quotes Grantshell and Robb got were not from S A N S P E E D... and were for an add on Tuning Module... not sure what Sanspeed are offering ?? It is showing as a ECU re-map here but whether it is a module i'm not sure..... If Audi say the chip can't be hacked surly a module would be a good measure at the moment anyway !!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Audi didn't say the can't be 'hacked' the 'hackers' say they can't be hacked/accessed. I think it's just about the software or whatever application they use, they haven't access'd it yet.

I wouldn't put a chip in my car ever, certainly not one costing anywhere near the figures mentioned above.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think it's definatly a remap. To be fair, just because audi say it can't be hacked means nothing. They say games consoles can't be hacked when first released, but within a few months they have been. I'm looking forward to the results and hopefully they will all be positive!

·
Registered
46 Posts
It's not a remap, Audi didnt' say it wasn't accessible the SME's did.

Just confirmed again that an ECU remap is not available currently on the 1.8TFSI, what your getting for your money is not a remap it's a chip. They're available on ebay for buttons and I wouldn't touch one.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's not a remap, Audi didnt' say it wasn't accessible the SME's did.

Just confirmed again that an ECU remap is not available currently on the 1.8TFSI, what your getting for your money is not a remap it's a chip. They're available on ebay for buttons and I wouldn't touch one.
They are programming the ecu, is that not a remap?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Oh Dear.... Bit of a touchy subject for some i feel ;)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ive got no idea about ecu remapping and chips ect ect but now im confused. Ive got Apex saying its not a remap because its not available and have SANPEED , the people who are doing the mod saying on there site its a ecu re-program!! Who to believe:confused:

·
Registered
821 Posts
If it is a chip m8 i don't see the problem... as you say it will be giving the ECU new info anyway so what's the difference or the harm... why to some people have such hang ups about tuning box's... are they just purists with nothing better to squark about !!!!

Graham will have to let us know what it is he has lined up for you ??

·
Registered
821 Posts
Any news then Grant ??

How did the day go.... Has it Happened ??

One inpatient fella waiting here :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Affraid not :-( got a call from sanspeed the night before saying there was a problem with a software update. We are hoping it will be monday, but waiting for a call so fingers crossed .

·
Registered
821 Posts
Oh No..... I bet that was disappointing - Roll on Monday !!!!

·
Registered
388 Posts
re-map??

any news on the re-map yet gshell???
1.8tfsi sport
BRILL BLK
,STAR SILVER,DRL'S WITH MODS
BLUETOOTH,AUTO LIGHTS & MIRRORS
INTERIOR LIGHT PACK
XENONMATCH FOGS,DEBADGED
TWO SHINY CHROME TAILPIPES

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.