Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have the slightly higher powered 2.0 TDI...It’s just started to run really lumpy on tick over,but still runs really smooth over 1000 rpm.Had it plugged in and shows fuel attenuator at fault.Getting it fixed/replaced next week...Obviously not the quickest car on the planet so was thinking of a remap at the same time as the fix but not expecting much improvement in performance as its a big car...The thing is i don’t want to effect fuel economy too much as it is stunningly good (almost unbelievable).Can anyone say what sort of power gains i can expect and how it would effect economy.

Another concern i have is dreaded dpf issues...My old 2.0L TDI B7 A4 had dpf issues all over the place once i remapped it to the extent that i done away with it altogether which of course made MOT and legality a problem...would the remap give me same problems with this engine?

Am happy to put a bit of money into car as i payed a really really low price for it and as the interior is an exclusive and am told quite rare i intend to keep it for a few years...Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Addo mate we all have our own takes on this question of course, but personally I would stay well away!!! The manufacturers tend to know what they are doing but of course they have to pass a load of stupid noise and emissions tests, so in my experience I change the air filter for a BMC or K and N and then possibly the exhaust so that the engine can breathe better, but leave the ECU alone......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts