Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I had been dreading installation of my winter tires and wheels out of fear that my non-vibrating A5 would turn into a vibrating demon. I've got about 300 miles on them so far and no vibration. The winter tires are Dunlop Winter Sport 3D's and the tire/wheel package was purchased from TireRack.com. They roadforce balance so maybe that's why I don't have any vibration with the new tires & wheels. I had the Winter Sport M3's on my A4 and loved them so I'm hoping the 3D's are as good or better.:):):)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I too bought Winter Sport 3D's from Tirerack, mounted on 18" alloys, and so far they are working great! In suburb driving it's almost impossible to tell the difference between the handling of these tires and the original equipment 19's. Of course this is around the Chicago 'burbs - I'm not advocating taking them on the track or anything, but I am pleasantly surprised that there's no "squirrlyness" in these tires. I think they are definitely better handling than the old Dunlop M3 winter tires that I had on my BMW 328iC.

·
Registered
209 Posts
No vibrations here as well.. very happy

Dunlop Winter Sport 3D's 17 inch 245/45/R17 and 17 inch 5 spoke sport rims painted aluminum Tire rack only balanced 3 out of the 4 tires, but they are reimbursing me for the cost to balance the 4th tire. Its a good thing I noticed! The 17 inchers look a bit small on the car.. oh well :p
:eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts