Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my build week for the 2009 S5. :)
Production is set for week 25 (6/16/08), port arrival ETA 7/31/08, dealer delivery ETA 8/18/08. The history: Order changed and firmed in December, allocation was in April, released to production April 18.

Virginia/DC/MD folks…
Have any of you received a May allocation? I am pulling for you.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Holy cow! I actually got an allocation myself! Sent an email to HBL mid afternoon 5/16; received an email back saying they hadn't got anything yet but would let me know. Later that night, got an email back advising that my order was 'Released to Manufacturer' (or allocated.) He advised that none of the other dates have filled in yet. So we'll see what happens there. But, definitely a change from the old 'IS Order Bank'!

Looks like you're well on your way. Congratulations! I wonder if your dates might actually move up a bit; I've seen that happen on multiple occasions where cars hit prod a bit faster than the 'assigned week'. Look forward to seeing your car when it gets here! Thanks for keeping us up to date on your status; shows that there's still hope! :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
oh crap.. where were you guys on the list? I was #4 manual, if i'm actually allocated i may have to rethink the thoughts in the other thread.. crap!

·
Registered
61 Posts
bri- Ya this is pretty funny in light of your recent post (or not funny depending on how you look at it.) I was #3; so that means you're now #1! :) We could be looking at these 3 cars being delivered within a pretty tight time frame of one another. What are you going to do?

·
Registered
182 Posts
i figure i'll huddle in the corner and cry a bit while gently rocking back and forth, and when i'm done with that i'll write about it on my blog/myspace page..

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IAN720, Glad to hear you got an allocation. I had been #1 in the queue. I had hoped that over time HBL would get more than their fair share of allocaitons because of their volume, but I am not sure it works that way. It is good to hear that more allocations are coming, perhaps since the production is fully switched over to the 2009 MY. Additionally, with the A5's rolling out in larger numbers, Audi can now allow more S5's into the market since the "introductory" period is essentially tapering off.

BRI.. I have no new advice for you, considering the tome dedicated to the discussion elsewhere, except that there will be S5's and other great Audis available in the furture. Don't settle for an MB.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I picked up my S5 from HBL on May 10. At that time, they told me it was only the 8th S5 they have delivered this year and that if I was to order a new one that day, they would quote me a 14 month wait. If this is what a high volume dealer gets in terms of allocations, I'd hate to have an order in at a small dealership.

·
Registered
61 Posts
A5inReston- Did your delivery date firm up a bit? Seems like based on your sig it moved closer?

Yesterday, I got another email from HBL advising that my dates were filling in & that the cars configuration was now locked. Currently, the Requested/Assigned/Actual Prod Week is 26/2008. The other ETAs that have filled in are Ship Loaded 07/17/2008, Port Arrived 08/01/2008, Rel. to Carrier 08/07/2008, & Dealer Delivered Week of 08/18/2008. We'll see how these dates hold up as as I know they tend to move shuffle around a bit.

So it looks like I might be on the next boat after yours! BTW- Really look forward to seeing that Daytona Gray Pearl that you selected. Rare color!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ian
Joseph at HBL has been doing a great job of keeping me up to date. I've been really busy and have not been hounding him.

Yes, the delivery got moved up 2 weeks. There could be additional improvement as time goes on. Joseph says they keep it conservative.
It looks you are about 2 weeks after me.
We will have to have a mini-meet locally.

Assigned/Actual Production Week 25 6/16/08
Ship Loaded ETA 7/3/08
Port Arrival ETA 7/18/08
Release to Carrier ETA 7/24/08
Dealer Delivered ETA 7/28/08

·
Registered
182 Posts
if you guys do a meet-up make sure to let me know where so i can drive my slowly glaring at you guys, er, i mean, so i can be supportive! :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
i finally received notification that my order is in the factory order bank this week as opposed to 'IS order bank'. But where did you guys get all of the other dates from (production, port ETA, and dealer ETA)? that would be nice to know for sure.

·
Registered
68 Posts
i finally received notification that my order is in the factory order bank this week as opposed to 'IS order bank'. But where did you guys get all of the other dates from (production, port ETA, and dealer ETA)? that would be nice to know for sure.
Those dates are in the “Events” section of your Vehicle Order. Just ask them to expand that section and print it out for you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts