Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have received my ICE SILVER S5 on the 26th of May...

After a week's drive (about 1200km) and at the time I was just starting to 'push' the engine a bit further, the engine just wouldn't rev-up to more that 3-3,5k rpm. It felt as if ther was a rev limiter or smthng...

Check engine light came up right after and I took the car at my local AUDI garage for checking and repairing.

Well... That was 10 days ago. The car is still sitting there in order to solve a problem, that they currently say they 'cannot identify'. They say they receive instructions straight from AUDI Germany and that they are giving them a day-by-day plan of what to do.

Last week it was : - Today they asked us to check the compression
-Today the asked us to check the ECU
-Today they asked us to check the injector

It is a pitty that I had to wait for a long 6 1/2 months to receive a car I only drove for a week and it is a pitty for a reputable company like AUDI to produce such machines and deliver to customers without been in position to support them.

Next step is to refuse to receive the car back (whenever it is fixed) and turn directly to the competition... Think about it...!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
The car must be registering at least one fault code, thats just incredible. Is it a big dealer ?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Yeah, that would suck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well...

The main question now is if this car will ever be the car it was supposed to be... I cant believe that they can put things back together as they initially were, when assembled by robots etc. Plus i dont like the idea that they are test driving the car every day in order to verify the situation. The car was on a 3/4 tank when i brought it to the garage and they told me today that they had to add fuel !!!

Not fair guys...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Refuse the car....

well...

The main question now is if this car will ever be the car it was supposed to be... I cant believe that they can put things back together as they initially were, when assembled by robots etc. Plus i dont like the idea that they are test driving the car every day in order to verify the situation. The car was on a 3/4 tank when i brought it to the garage and they told me today that they had to add fuel !!!

Not fair guys...
Hello Nick -

Take it from a fellow Greek! I have family in Athens... :)

Refuse the car immediately! File a formal complaint with Audi Corporate and demand a new replacement car or your money back!

Also demand compensation for your troubles. Have they given you some sort of loaner car while they try to figure out your troubled vehicle?

Kali Tihi...

GLatsis

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello Nick -

Take it from a fellow Greek! I have family in Athens... :)

Refuse the car immediately! File a formal complaint with Audi Corporate and demand a new replacement car or your money back!

Also demand compensation for your troubles. Have they given you some sort of loaner car while they try to figure out your troubled vehicle?

Kali Tihi...

GLatsis

Hi !

Wish it was as simple is it probably is in the States !

Unfortunately, they have no obligation to replace the car, unless they accept it is in an unrepairable condition, which is no the point yet. For the time, they claim to have ordered a new ECU to be installed probably tomorrow. If that doesnt solve the problem, I assume they will accept the claim.

I checked with my lawyers and if I decide to take it the legal way, we are looking to smthng like 3-5 years (Greek Justice!) :mad: and a lot of hasle. It is easily understood that companies like AUDI have in-house legal departments and I cant see how I can deal with that.

I have send an ultimatum for delivery of the car tomorrow, otherwise I claim to refuse receipt of the car...

I ll let you know !

Xeretismous.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I finally got the call !

Audi claims the car is repaired... Cause of damage : one of the pipes that feed fuel to one of the injectors was blocked (?) ...

In the meanwhile and in order to find it (!) they replaced ECU fuel pump, removed the exhaust and a ton of other things...

Arent modern cars supposed to be easier to figure out ???

·
Registered
435 Posts
Sadly, though there are tons of sensors, they still don't have one in every square inch of the car. Even worse is that these cars are so difficult to work on, that it is cheaper to just replace things because the labor involved with just identifying a problem is very expensive. Look at the engine bay of a 70's muscle car and then ours. My hands are too big to reach anything that isn't at the top of the engine bay. You could fit a family of 5 in one of those things. So easy to work on.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Number2 I agree with you, but it is unacceptable to consider that the official local importer (and garage operator) and I mean local for the Country, claims that Audi doesnt allow them to proceed on extensive operations on tany of the cars equipped with the V8 and they have to go on a step by step procedure give by the Germans...

Audi should at least offer better customer care and service. From the technics point of view, i happen to be an engineer myself and i find it crazy to hear about a 'blocked' fuel pipe... These things come with a ton of pre-delivery checks and tests and Audi should at least perform these check in a good level.

i will receive the car tonight and i will let you know what I think about the so extensive repairs !

·
Registered
106 Posts
Is it back yet?

Number2 I agree with you, but it is unacceptable to consider that the official local importer (and garage operator) and I mean local for the Country, claims that Audi doesnt allow them to proceed on extensive operations on tany of the cars equipped with the V8 and they have to go on a step by step procedure give by the Germans...

Audi should at least offer better customer care and service. From the technics point of view, i happen to be an engineer myself and i find it crazy to hear about a 'blocked' fuel pipe... These things come with a ton of pre-delivery checks and tests and Audi should at least perform these check in a good level.

i will receive the car tonight and i will let you know what I think about the so extensive repairs !
Nick -

Tikanis...

I'm glad to hear that you got your car back.

Did Audi of GR do anything for your inconvenience? My cousin is one of the heads of the Ferrari/Alfa/Fiat chain of dealerships in Athens, so I completely understand your earlier note on lack of customer service; versus the US where our Lemon Laws do not permit what happened to you from lasting long.

Also, if it is in fact a pinched fuel rail or line, that's one of the easiest things to diagnose and figure out. It's mechanical in nature and a simple pressure test would reveal this. The real difficult issues are all electrical/electronic. So, please make sure the dealer replaces the ECU as well... just in case.

I trust you will have a more pleasant experience with your S5 now and in the future.

Kala Taxithia!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.